Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Corola Ts?

gramacar

...you hardly loose any comfort by installing TTE springs. I think everyone on this club with TTE springs (or other brands like myself)

Petri, what springs have you got?

Did you loose warranty?

I've been to Rovaniemi and travelled a lot in northern Sweden/Finland and roads' quality in my country is more or less the same as in Finland (sometimes worse, especially in the cities). Did you loose a lot of comfort after fitting new springs?

not sure if its to do with ratteling but ... whilst fitting Speakers into the boot of my ts i had a look under the carpet in the rear under the seats ind in the corner there is a metal pan i assume its meant to help shape the carpet but to my suprise it was loose ... is it meant to be as it looks like there is meant to be a 2 nuts on each end holding it in

Hi Guys,,

whats all this about rattles and squeaks,,,with engine above 6200rpm I'm only hearing one thing :D :lol: :D :lol:

Corolla T Sport, sometimes driven just for the hell of it ;-) You said jake :D

jerry!!

I live in South Wales and so far I havent seen another corolla t-sport.

Quite a few type r's tho B)

Just Ordered my tte springs. Will be on the car next week.

If you need any help or parts speak to Steve - C.o JCT600 Hull - Toyota 01482 586733 or e-mail

at - steve@parkers.karoo.co.uk . Just as jake said very helpful :)

so if i decide for the TTE springs from Steve as suggested, i dont need to worry shock absorbers or anytning?

so if i decide for the TTE springs from Steve as suggested, i dont need to worry shock absorbers or anytning?

Nope... they are made to fit your original ones... and TTE (Toyota Team Europe) is an Toyota company so everything is still under warranty...

Hi Ally,

just change the springs, don't need to go to the expense of changing dampers the TTE springs are designed to work with the ones already fitted, and for day to day driving, this will be more than enough improvement, the TTE fully adjustable kit is more for race set up than street use. Don't forget to tell Steve, he was recommended by Jake and TOC,

go on get them orderd and fitted,,,my T is so much better now :lol:

Yes, you need to worry. They'll be probably dead after 1 year or earlier - but will be replaced under warranty.

The thing is that with shorter springs shocks work in different range - they compress 30 mm more and expand 30 mm less. When you'll be replacing shocks its better you buy gas filled ones.

Petri, what springs have you got?

Did you loose warranty?

Hi Imek,

Sorry I almost missed your post and question :(

My springs are from H&R, as far as I know they were the first one to supply lowering springs to new Corolla. I simply didn't want to wait until TTE springs will be available, but I presume that there's no difference in quality or ride comfort. My perception is that TTE springs are actually OEM from H&R or Eibach but I really don't know. Someone else may argue this statement...maybe in another topic :)

The car itself is still under warranty, and I've had a number of fixes made under warranty since the installation (and my dealer knows springs are non-TTE stuff), and I assume that springs (or any consequent damages) will not be covered by original Toyota warranty. BUT on the other hand I do have on black and white (from Toyota Motor Corp in Finland) that installation of TTE parts will void the warranty of my Corolla e.g. TTE exhaust is not covered by original warranty. Yes, the TTE parts (such as springs) and labour are indeed warranted but...what happens if TTE springs damage the dampers or other suspensions parts...Right, this information may be a bit confusing and in practice I haven't had any problems at all with warranty issues. So, really I don't worry about it at all.

And no, I don't feel loosing any comfort at all. Even on Finnish roads, lowering was OK. I still use 16 inch wheels, albeit lower tyre profile. Ride is still very comfortable.

Rattles and Sqeaks, simple and quick (very quick fix) when driving Corolla TSport keep engine revs above 6200rpm, very quick fix :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

(but have honestly never had any rattles or squeaks in mine, unless I have passengers, they sometimes make strange noises) :P

Like help me this guys a nutter slow down jake :D

jerry!!

so, in conclusion is it worth my while changing springs since i plan to keep the standard 16" wheels. i.e. is it going to make a difference?

so, in conclusion is it worth my while changing springs since i plan to keep the standard 16" wheels. i.e. is it going to make a difference?

of course... big diff