Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo/supercharger

DURBANS

Hello

I've been a part of this forum for quite a while and the one thing I noticed is:

Almost no one here has a turbo/compressor, excpet a few guys. But Isn't this suppossed to be a tuning forum? If its not, where can I find a tuning forum for Yaris?

Come on, Ice and bodykits and bigger rims wont make a thing, thats not tuing thats making your car look pretty.

Also, no one seems to know about prices, and performance, they all either recall about other Toyota's and talk about a turbo or super charger as if it was something too expensive and as a luxury item for the engine. Come on, if u're gonna tune your car, do it right.

Different people, different tastes, I guess. Maybe most people use their Yaris as a daily driver and don't feel the need for a charger? Maybe it is expensive, all things considered?

Is your engine charged? Nobody stopping you from doing it if not, you know.

Besides,

<whisper mode>

chargers are for people that can't build engines ;)

</whisper mode>

Cheers, Yves.

amazingly, we're not all made of money, and I'm not about to fork over double the odds for a TTE kit either!

erm, actually, if you read the title, you will see this forum is called Toyota owners club and strangely, its a forum for people who own toyotas

Now yes, i'd say probably 50% of regular members have altered their car from factory specification.. but that isnt all this club is about..

I get the feeling your post was intentionally trying to cause an argument, and if that is the case, you will find very quickly you will not be welcome here, we are all different, with different tastes and needs..

If you want a flaming contest, go onto the Max Power forums and say the same thing, im sure that will give you hours of amusment..

hey hey calm down im sure he didnt mean it like that....... hold on.... he drives a 5 door :) ha ha. lol just kidding. + i own 2 audi's as well :) + a mitzi

i agree with widgits!! dudeeeeee, where does it say tuning on this website? :eek: it probably does somewhere, a little section or something!! new dude, get reading around man, ul soon learn :rolleyes:

u will also notice that there is alot of topics on here where people are askin advice about their cars and general help with them. and non of us are up for an argument on the forum. we all want to help each other and have a general chat on the things we have done to our cars. how ever slight. i agree with fidgets if u want a forum to heavly mod ur car up beyond recognition with some tacky body kits and stuff try another forum http://www.corsacrazy.com/forums/ springs to mind :P

erm, actually, if you read the title, you will see this forum is called Toyota owners club and strangely, its a forum for people who own toyotas

Now yes, i'd say probably 50% of regular members have altered their car from factory specification.. but that isnt all this club is about..

I get the feeling your post was intentionally trying to cause an argument, and if that is the case, you will find very quickly you will not be welcome here, we are all different, with different tastes and needs..

If you want a flaming contest, go onto the Max Power forums and say the same thing, im sure that will give you hours of amusment..

Beat me to it.

This is not a forum dedicated to tuning and most of us appreciate this forum as a source of information with many members who are kind enough to share their experiences and knowledge on the Toyota range of cars.

As said many people do choose to tune their cars but this is an Owners Club not tuners club.

to anwser the first question ...

why dont people have sc/turbo on theyr yaris/echo/vitz

mainly because its an econo box not a sports car... :yes:

and secondo the tte or blitz supercharger and the TRD Japan turbo kit cost an arm and a leg over here in canada over 5000$ canadian for the blitz (not installed) and over 6000$ canadian (plus tax shipping customs and installation ) for the TRD turbo kit

ok they give roughly 150 hp on the echo (1nzfe engine)

but 95 % off echo/vitz/yaris owners are mr and mrs everybody

so dont expect to have as much enthusiasts as an mr2 or a celica :thumbsup:

I have a blitz charger......

... thats not fitted because I got a friging 1959 split screen camper restoration project on the go thats taking all my time and money! :angry:

I have a blitz charger......

... thats not fitted because I got a friging 1959 split screen camper restoration project on the go thats taking all my time and money! :angry:

would it fit a 1.0l? selling it?

Oh ok, looks u got me wrong guys.

I agree that this is not a tuning forum, I see that, but, I do see lots of people trying to find out about superchargers and turbos, and SPORTS applications, like shortened springs, shocks, suspension kits, EXHAUSTS, HEADERS, CAI systems... Ok, its not a "sports car" (the Yaris) but it looks like many people look at it as a good car to transform, remember the Toyota Glanza V, and the Starlet Turbo, they were the models which existed before Yaris, and there is already a factory-set Yaris Turbo, selling in Japan.

So, actually, looks like most people would "like" to have a turbo, but then, they spend all the money in bodykits, DVD screens, springs, headers, exhausts, SUSPENSION STRUT BARS (LOL), come on... that wont make your car faster, any given Starlet Turbo would beat the crap out of a Yaris (without turbo). So why instead of that, u spend in a turbo, or something that will actually make your car go faster? Making it "look" faster, its not worth the money. I see lots of Yaris that look like WOW, 18 inch rims, lowered, bonnet with a scoop, bodykits, rear wings, even SPARCO seats! And do they have a turbo? NO, how much HP's? 120 at best? Hmmm, so is this about pretending?

I dunno, if I had a Yaris, I would definetely make it turbo with a TRD system, TRD suspension, etc, right now, I got a Seat Cupra R 2004, and well, that's fast.

If the Yaris would be MY DAILY DRIVER, then thats totally cool, but please, whats with the "fast and the furious" look, if your car is just your daily driver which is not a sports car?

ok if u look a little closer at the cars on this forum there is a great number of people who dont max there cars upto the eyeballs but just make subtle changes to there cars. and it is up to them wot they do to their cars. and can i bring up the subject of insurance. i presume ur not from the UK seen as u have 4 door sedan but the it is rediculosly high over here. let me put it in perspective i had a 1.1 citreon saxo for my first car. My insurance was £1900 for the year. im 21 now and it is £750 on a t-sport. i dont want to be payin that amount again. that is the reason why we cant afford turbos and super chargers

Not every1 can afford the ridiculous insurance prices in the UK also! And wots the point in having 1,000,000 bhp if u can't go over 70mph in this country? :yes:

So many people choose all show and no go! U seem 2 be liking all go and no show, well not no show but less show! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links