Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo/supercharger

DURBANS

Plus most places about 90% wont be able to cover you with insurance if you have an aftermarket charger on the car.

maybe if toyota made the T-sport turbo available over here more people would have them as its alot simpler to get insurance with a car that already comes with a turbo charger.

even with the TRD Japan turbo kit Toyota wont give you any warenty

and tell me what is the point in having 200 hp in a car that is 900kg (2000) if you cant control it ? (supension upgrade /strut bar /sway bars)

i know people that are in autox and went head to head with b18c5 civics hb and just with a tein suspension and sway and strut bar to stiffen up the car they are finishing before those big power no handling civics...

before nailing us lot on why we havnt got turbos etc...

what do you have to say for yourself???

the yaris is a very new car and 90% of tuning is still in major development over in this country

ok so theres alot of turbo are supercharged examples out in Japan etc but its rare we get to see any good examples here

its a case of someone biting the bullet and going for it to show it can be done. and then once people are in the 100% know about, it can be done and some concrete figures are provided then youll find more people will start to show interest

just for the record there are 2 supercharged yaris on this site

there is one definate turbo'd car

one actual yaris turbo

and two turbos in 'development'

What exactly have you done to your car??

And like the point has been made, what is the point in making your car extremely fast when you cant use it to its full potential on the roads??

Therefore the option to make the car look good first and then if you want to, make it faster is the better option

I ... HRRRMMM... well, 2 sentences caught my eyes in the 2nd post of durbans ..the first one : "any given Starlet Turbo would beat the crap out of a Yaris"..

man.. were yaris owners, and were over the age of 16, we dont want to beat the crap out of nobody on the road..

all we want is to have fun modding here and there our yaris...

i care for my life & license... sooooo.... tuning.. yes... beating crap.. no..

i know i said 2 sentnces..but i forgot the othe rone

I have nothing to say to ppl like that. Sure you can make fun of ppl getting strut bars and uprated suspension with standard engine, but guess who'd be laughing when you crash your turbo charged Yaris on stock suspension???

Please dont cause trouble .. we are a friendly bunch and would like to keep it that way thx.

I have nothing to say to ppl like that. Sure you can make fun of ppl getting strut bars and uprated suspension with standard engine, but guess who'd be laughing when you crash your turbo charged Yaris on stock suspension???

Please dont cause trouble .. we are a friendly bunch and would like to keep it that way thx.

Who said I would have a turbo charged Yaris WITH stock suspension? I f I had one, it would definetely have all the suspension upgrades needed, such as strut bars and sports suspension, BUT, the point is... why would YOU guys who don't have a turbo on the car, NEED a strut bar or a sports suspension kit or springs? That would be like wearing a pilot helmet when flying a kite. Come on...

As I said, I didn't mean to offend anyone, it was just a mere curiosity, since in the states, apparently tuning (real tuning) seems to be growing, I say real tuning because it takes not only the appearance of the car, but also the engine performance, and not just an air intake and a loud exhaust. I wanted to know why was this happening here.

Now that I understand that insurance is a big deal, I have to give my apologies and to let clear that I didn't intend to be rude.

Oh and one last thing, when I was talking about a Starlet VS a Yaris, of course I wasn't trying to say that its some sort of "competition", not at all. THE POINT WAS, that why make your Yaris look like a turboed, very fast and powerful sports car when actually, if there's not turbo, its not. That was it.

The Yaris is an econo car which happens to be very cool, I like the model and all, and I would consider it as a daily peppy driver. But, if I wasn't going to tune it up, the need for body kits and side skirts and strut bars is well, useless.

BUT, the point is... why would YOU guys who don't have a turbo on the car, NEED a strut bar or a sports suspension kit or springs? That would be like wearing a pilot helmet when flying a kite. Come on...

spending money on uprating the suspension and braking system on a small engined car for the money you spend would be equivelent to uprating the engine output by about 25bhp!

if the car has heavily revised suspension setup including a reduction in ground clearance uprated dampeners and strut bracing, this allow the car to handle far more efficiently and allow you to corner alot faster and hold the roads with less effort

as with uprating the brake system, this allows the driver to use the brakes at a later moment and not fear miscornering or brake fade thus also making point to point times of the car quicker

thats why we need uprated suspension, it is a far more effiecient way of making a small engined car more performance orientated

think about it, coilovers strut bars and a brake upgrade will cost approx £1000.

spend that on performance mods and youll be no where near the benefits

therefore we NEED this equipment

also

suspension - aids the styling side again...... nobody likes a 4x4 stance!

brakes - huge 280mm rotars and 4 pot calipers behind ya wheels....theres not one person on this planet that doesnt think that looks great!

Mate, no offence, but sc**w you.

I drive a stripped-out, Sparco-seated Yaris with skirts and a spoiler, and I've got a top-class suspension setup, braced at both ends. I really don't care what you think.

Oh, wait, it's only got 86bhp! Well maybe I should put my head in a bucket right? Wrong! The guys on the local Civic Type-R meet were a bit unimpressed when the ickle Yaris overtook most of them. I couldn't get past the final two at the head of the 'sporting' group, but, well, they were both 250bhp and supercharged, so my ego's fairly safe.

It handles like a chuffin' go-kart! And in the hypothetical case that I could afford insurance, I'd really prefer a 10-year-old smokey-old imported Glanza, right? That must be why I bought a fairly new UK Yaris? Durr!

I accept it's your right to question things around you, however, it's also my right to form my own opinion of you and your rather puerile baiting tactics.

Go forth and multiply with your SEAT buddies!

Wow!

It's really impressive to see how people react when they are asked about something that apparently bothers them or something.

I repeat, PLEASE, I didn't make this post for bothering or insulting or whatever, I was just curious, that's all, if anyone got offended, well, read again.

I'm not making fun of anyone, just questioning the aspects of styling an econo car into a "very fast" look, without being fast, kinda like disguising the car, I really wanted some thought and opinions from you guys, it's a pity to see how badly you react.

I have a Seat and a Echo sedan. The Cupra R is my "fast" car and the Echo is my daily driver. I wont try to make my Echo look like a demon when actually, it's just a great car, low mileage and its efficient. That's all. The Cupra R gives me 0-100 in about 5 seconds, and it's all stock. I didn't add any bodykits, suspension, stru bars, etc. I keep it that way, the car looks great and its fast.

Okay, he's a troll...

He claims he's from the 'US', with a Seat and a 'echo'...

well guess what, they dont sell seat's in the US ;)

ok ok ok case closed for now to prevent a slagging match!

questions and asumptions asked and made

opinions posted

thats all for now

kiss and make up!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links