Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drums!

Ryan1985

Wot colour should i paint my drum brakes?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Wot colour should i paint my drum brakes?

• black
    • silver
    • red
    • other (please specify)

Okay seein I've got my alloys on, I think I'm gonna have 2 paint the brake drum cos I don't like the curent rusty colour of it! My calipers are goin red btw!

:thumbsup:

If your calipers are going red, then id do your drums in red, otherwise could look a bit odd IMO

But with red it might look like 2 much red and look a bit chav? :blink: Drums are big things remember!

Leave it black, my cousin has painted his one red on the rolla and they are wearing off and looks nasty, so i guess black for me :D

Plus it looks tacky now its wearing off....

I did mine red Ryan, stands out well and matches colours on the car, but I dont have drums on the back so dont know how overpowering it might look. Black would be nice but you have already done the calpiers so stick with red! :thumbsup:

You DO NOT want to be drawing attention to your brake drums....

I say: Black. :ph34r:

Black, or maybe a mild silver like most new cars have with alloys (the better ones)

red, well then your brake calibers wont stand out, and it would look weird.

red is to overpowering on the drums as they are soooo big plus it draws attention to the fact that you have drums!

black is a must!

IMO

CB :thumbsup:

If i were u i wouldnt touch yoru rear drums ....... why would u want to show anyone in bright red that u have rear drum brakes is beyond me. if u REALLY want to rice up anything, id go red calipers on the front and leave everything else as is.

why would painting the rear drums red, hide his red calipers , it will look much better painting the drums and the calipers the same a few good coats will last ages. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Imo if you don't have calipers at the back you don't want to make a point of painting them a bright colour and make them stand out. Any bright colour will draw a persons eye to them because of the large surface area and lets face it drums look really naff! Paint them a nice glossy black mate... :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links