Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cts Fuel Economy

accylad

My 2 month old CTS, with just less than 3000 miles on the clock is drinking petrol like its going out of fashion. According to the trip computer I'm averaging around 28 mpg, even on a long motorway tun I'm struggling to get it above 30 mpg. I do (occasionally) give it 'The Lift' but not all the time. I had a 140 Celica before this that I managed to get 40+ mpg if I behaved. Surely the engines aren't that much different (apart from the extra 2000 revs at the top end) ? I had acceleration and TRC problems a few weeks ago that Mr T reckons is sorted (it seems to go ok to me) but I'm wondering whether I've still got an underlying fault somewhere on the ECU or TRC that making it heavier on fuel than it should be. I'd be interested to hear from other CTS owners.

Cheers

Accylad

Do a search for the t sport fuel consumption.

Once you hit the lift it drinks petrol.The best ive had on a run is about 36 mpg that was averaging 75 mph.The worst i get is about 26 mpg thats when im having fun.If I was worried about the economy tho I'd have bought a diesel.Give it hell and enjoy its only money

Even using the bigger cams I still get 34-36 on a long trip. How are you measuring your fuel consumption? Best way is to fill up to the brim, zero the mileometer and when you next fill up see exactly how many litres it takes to fill to the brim again.

Cheers

Paul.

I get between 34.6 and 36 mpg on general motoring,the computer and on fill up calculations work about about the same. I tend to give it a bit on 0-70 and cruise after that.

Regards

Ian

I was never to impressed with the MPG in the Corolla, I feel the Civic is a bit better but I have only had it 4 days so its hard to tell. And also I havent used iVTEC to much either, just as much fun watching everyone drool as you drive around I wound mind but its only a 15k Hot Hatch!

Nick

nick.. its only a Honda Civic... my missues had one :rolleyes: (same colour incidently)

but back to the issue, if your concerned about your fuel consumption, try running a few tests to see if you can vary it, such as changing up at 2k etc..

nick.. its only a Honda Civic... my missues had one :rolleyes: (same colour incidently)

Take it your not that impressed then Ian! :huh:

To right as you say each to they own, my best buddy has an IS200 and occasionally I drive it about nice car but I would never go out and buy one in a month of Sundays.

Just not very exciting in my opinion, good job we don’t all feel the same as each other about cars as we would be all driving the same car!

I get:-

Average - 34mpg which includes town driving and a short motorway blast to work each day.

Best - 40mpg on a run from Edinburgh to Rotherham and back on the A68/A1.

Worst - 16mpg. I had to get from A to B (about 25 miles on fast B roads) extremelly quickly due to a family emergency.

Sainsbury's Super Unleaded petrol.

Snert

Worst - 16mpg. I had to get from A to B (about 25 miles on fast B roads) extremelly quickly due to a family emergency.

But you still managed to reset the MPG counter during an emergency? Now that's dedication to fuel consumption... ;)

Just running the first tank full down.

Trip computer comes up with 32mpg witha bit of motorway driving and round town and a bit of lift.

Will check when I fill up to see how acurate it is.

seems better than 323 I traded in surprisingly, that was regulary 29mpg.

just been on long trip to meadowhall, (around 160miles round trip) set the trip at start. Trip said 38mpg when I got home, I did mainly 75mph on motorway and used lift when possible :)

If its a true reading very pleased with that

:wacko: My trip computer is anything from 2 to 7mpg over what it's really doing. I would never believe what it tells you. In any car, not even a unreliable BMW.