Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Here You Go Jimlad

jazzyjc123

cool...

anyone know what Gizzmo Anti Lag / Launch Control is... or how it works? Couldn't find any info on it.

Basically that's the route I'll be going for next summer... don't know exactly what turbo yet but everything else is similar.

was watchin somethin on men and motors launch control is similar to the things drag racers use some guy had it on his skyline (193mph on the 1/4 mile) it basically hold your engine at peak revs etc then you press a button and away you go

sorry its not more technical but thats just about what it does

With the Dastek chip you can get lots of little add on features.

One of them is actually launch control. Will ask about it out of sheer curiousity when I finally get the car remapped.

My friend has launch control on his CRX, basically, you plant youre foot, it holds it at a set rpm (say 3000) then dump the clutch and it loosens off so you can go through the whole rev range. An easy way basically, find the point before wheel spinning, set the launch control, at the start line, plant your foot with the clutch down, it holds your revs high as possible without spinning, then drop the clutch, pull away faster than ever before :D

a must have i say! :P

Dave!

He got the uci stuff all for a total of about £30!!

He's a bit of a scrapyard junky and got a standard CRX ecu from a scrap yard, a soldering kit, a new mappable chip, and put it all together, he can now completely re-map everything from the fuel/air mixture onwards (including launch control etc)! He's basically doing a scrapyard turbo conversion for his CRX, doing a !Removed! good job too! :shock:

It doesn't cost that much, just buy a soldering kit, a mappable chip, get another ECU from an MR2, and go all out and give it a shot!! you've always got the original ECU that you can put back in if it goes wrong!

Dave!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links