Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres For The Front...

Jimlad

Ok... I need 2 new tyres for the front of the car. My tracking is well off and it's worn one side right down to the brown stuff on the inside of the tyre.

Obviously I need to get my tracking sorted... which I will do when I get new tyres.

Curious as to what people think about tyres on the front. Obviously I have decent tyres on the rear, but would it hurt going with a cheaper tyre on the front?

Can anyone recommend a make ?

The way your 2 is set up I think I would be going for good ones :ph34r:

as it is now getting to the best part of the year to be driving a 2 :!Removed!:

Jim, if its wearing unevenly id be concerned. Get some decent tyres, i prefer to stick to the same make all round. Then get it 4 wheel aligned - it'll show up what part of your car isnt correctly aligned and then you can get that sorted - nice even tyre wear then!!!

I know the front tracking is way off.. that's where the problem is. I just didn't think it was doing to the tyres what it was... lol.

I'll get some new ones asap tho.

Jim get some decent fronts - mine had some cheap ones put on it by the MOT guy they were awful especially in the wet. Got Toyo Proxes T1-S all round now - vast improvement!

Jim, think about what you said. Cheaper front tyres on the front to the back.

Which ones do you steer with?

Nuff said!

Ok... I need 2 new tyres for the front of the car. My tracking is well off and it's worn one side right down to the brown stuff on the inside of the tyre.

Obviously I need to get my tracking sorted... which I will do when I get new tyres.

Curious as to what people think about tyres on the front. Obviously I have decent tyres on the rear, but would it hurt going with a cheaper tyre on the front?

Can anyone recommend a make ?

Dont forget you'll need decent tyres at the front if you want to stop quickly, its the front tyres that do all the work when braking.

you get cheapo front tyres jim and you'll understeer like a mondeo! (a fast mondeo that is) good tyres will give you a better "bite" when turning in :thumbsup:

ive just done silverstone at Trax i have cheapo ones on the front anf Toyo Proxes T1 on the back i near enterd the gravel twice this pay day i wil be getting Toyo Proxes T1 all round

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links