Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member with 2002 Corolla and a question

mytbyte

Hi, I am a new member from Croatia, with a brand new blue-grey Corolla 1.6. Any members around who have this car?

Here's the question: I have seen DVD satellite navigation(TNS300) listed in Toyota accessories catalogue). The picture shows it using the current bulit-in CD facia, but with display showing a GPS map (mind me, there are buttons that say reroute, guidance etc.) I am confused because in various magazine test I have seen that the satnavi installed was completely different (big color screen that lifts to allow for insertion of CD-DVD. How come that unit is not listed in the catalogue or on other Toyota european sites, just TNS300?

Anyone know anything more about this unit (TNS300), what are its features and how it differs from the color one, since here in Croatia the dealers had never ordered a satnavi and couldn't be of any assistance.

Cheers

This style of Sat-Nav that I think you are talking about is very similar system that is used in current Lexus models, it is a touch screen system. This will be an option I am told by year’s end, DVD Sat Nav will also be available on the new Corolla (your car) and new seven-seater Avensis Verso.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

While we're at it :D : Who manufactures the bulit-in CD unit that the new Corolla comes with? Anyone?

• 3 months later...

tns 300 is the same as the tns200 BUT it uses a dvdrom which includes the whole of europe incl gb, can be configured to speak in many european languages, ie eng, french etc. It knows about ferries etc so you can route from the gb to spain and select the ferry. This option in france costs the same as the tns200 in the uk and gives you sat nav for europe, so no need to buy cdroms for each country when travelling.

If you have choice tns200 or 300 then take the tns300.

There is another system tns500 which displays detailed maps on a large colour display. Main point here is the cost more than 2k uk pounds

Hello,

My name is Ron (NL) and I am about to buy a Toyota Corolla Linea Sol. To give an answer on your question: In Holland Toyota introduced a certain "business edition". This business edition is 600 euros more expensive than the normal version and is equipped with the TNS300 (pioneer) turn-by-turn navigation system. (Normal Toyota price: 1603 euros). In Holland Toyota also gives an option to provide your car with a full map colour DVD-navisystem (the one you can't find in the brochures). However, this can only be mounted on the 1.6VVT-i and 2.0 D4-D Linea Sol and the T-sport version. This navigation system is also 2DIN and replaces the standard Radio/CD. This means that the boardcomputer (with e.g. fuel consumption) will have to be removed. Price of the full map system is 3070 euro's

Kind regards,

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

So.......................

. Is the only difference between the tns200 and the tns 300, is the cdrom/dvdrom?

so could i take out the cdrom/ disconetc etc etc and just replace that part of the unit with a dvdrom?