Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

THE BEST TOYOTA CELICA

quodus

Which is the best all rounder  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best all rounder

• ST165
    • ST185
    • ST205

my 5th gen i would never be a traitor to her even tho she is costing me a fortune she sticks to the road well power bands lovely and just looks quite retro funky sleak and sexy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GT4 BOOSTER

• daktari

• silvasurfa

• GT-Four NZ

I gotta say my absolute fave is the st185 rc mainly because i own one but the 205 does have a certain something... only in the right colour though! ;)

• 10 months later...

I might be a little biased but its gotta be the ST205 for me. i do like the 185 and 165 without them and their rallying success there would be no Faff.

picture of mine:

MYFOUR-1.jpg

I might be a little biased but its gotta be the ST205.

I'm inclined to agree with you there. Had a drive in a mate's ST205 (import)this evening, 300 odd bhp over 1bar boost, (he's had it tweeked here and there) damned near pulled my arms out their sockets! :o

Gotta get me one of those!! B)

• 2 months later...

Now, registered on this forum just to post in this thread.

I'd give my vote for ST185 for one simple reason.

I had ST182, which looks gorgeous and all women thought it was a realy expencive sports car :), and wen going camping I folded down the rear seats and had a good night sleep with a girl on each of my sides. There's been plenty of room and none of us felt cramped in the morning, and I am over 6 feet tall.

You just can't beat that.

6th gen Celicas are lacking the poise of the 5th, and if one is to buy a car, 5th gen is more likely to stay on as a classic. The latest Celicas are just plain "soap holders" No idea what did they try to achieve with them.

P.S. Oh yeah, I'm going camping again on the bank holiday week end in May, so trying to string some money together to get a nice ST185 ;)

I can't really comment as I have only drove the st205. Lookswise it is definitely between the 205 and 185 as they have aged quite well and can still pass them off for modern cars today where as the 165 does look old and quite boxy. However i really do wish to drive a 165 as it was the car to start the gt4 craze off, i havent even seen one on the road yet.

I reckon the 205 will be best as i own one and it would take something special for me to change my mind. It probably just edges it on looks as the round lights at the front just gives the impression of a bit of a old fashioned sports car coupled with the modern. However the 185 isn't far off.

f_2323m_2d98b25.jpg

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links