Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Word Meanings Lol

coradoor

ok i dont know diddly...

but i like the friends here.....but i dont understand all the words used here..or instance nick..does that mean

steal or something..give me a quick language lesson...

What are you stuck on?

Nicked or nick means stolen or to steal

Mate means friend

geezer is some guy... a guy you dont know but are aquainted

You put the words here and we will translate from UK to proper english! ;) :)

Are you not from the UK?

Mind you, I'm from East London and have quite an east London way of speaking (if you know what I mean) But I now live in North London not much difference you'd think !! But I was talking to some mates and I said a know someone who lived in the bango down the road, they all looked at me as if I was from another planet and didn't know what I meant by "bango". In north London and probably most places they call a bango a cul de sac or a close !! I was amazed by this as I've always called it a bango and so does my friends and family (from East of London).

Kaz

nick could also be used to refer to someones nickname or handle :P

Kaz in London, lol can imagine the confusion now....

Just got off the dog with Steve... You know Steve, lives at the end of the bango, house on the left top of the pears... Got it.... sweet....

Don't you just love this "English English" language.

Damn, just spilt my rosy lee. Will have to go down the Apple & pears for another. Then again, it's a nice day. Anyone fancy a swift half down the rub a dub? Be careful if using the jam jar though. Don't go over the limit. Toodle pip.

i am from nebraska....you guys are funny...i thougt you were from down under...or paul mccartney..

hey man can you dig it..

i am from nebraska....you guys are funny...i thougt you were from down under...or paul mccartney..

hey man can you dig it..

Nicked also means pulled over/arrested :( :( :( or 'in the nick' = in prison. And yes mate I CAN dig it, Hate to be 1 sided but I really hate Americanisms like 'whatever' and putting the word so in front of every sentence i.e. 'I'm so out of control' or 'I am so not impressed' ;) Jerry Springhead overload. Anyway sorry about that Nebraska is a lovely part of Canada!!! :D

hey man can you dig it..

Nicked also means pulled over/arrested :( :( :( or 'in the nick' = in prison. And yes mate I CAN dig it, Hate to be 1 sided but I really hate Americanisms like 'whatever' and putting the word so in front of every sentence i.e. 'I'm so out of control' or 'I am so not impressed' ;) Jerry Springhead overload. Anyway sorry about that Nebraska is a lovely part of Canada!!! :D

Disclaimer: The above article should be taken as a joke :ph34r:

Oh, the fine English language. We have one of the most widely spoken languages in the world and we just can't help but reinvent it every day to suit our own needs. Wonder if the Chinese language has so much slang. No wonder they update the english dictionary every year (or more).

What about the Australian habit of using phrases such as "lets chuck a couple a snags on the barbie, grab a tinnie an watch our boys stuff the poms again"

ok

The word nick is used many times

Nick= Prison

Nicked= arrestd by police

Nicked= Something was stolen

Nick= Handle... second name ie charles = chuck

Nick= To steal something.. ie lets go and nick that car

Nick= Guys name short for Nicolas

Nick= Gashed somthing meterial ie. "has a small nick on it"

Good Nick= Good condition

Quite amazing!

not to be confused with pair of knicks which of course is a form of of a ladies underwear, or could be 2 blokes called nicholas. I would recommend, if in doubt if a woman asks if you want to see her knicks, just reply yes and see what happens next! :D

ahhhhhhhh missed that one!

'knicks' - New York basketball springs to mind

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links