Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help, Ma Cars Ruined

fazzy

I feel for you and been in that position many times myself.

You will have to fork out excess which really sucks, but at least you will be getting it back at some point.

As its not your fault push for courtesy car for duration that vehicle is not in your possesion.

As for the modded parts, no chance they will do like for like only and try and repair most of it.

If no one has taken pics already and you have a friendly body shop like i do get it assessed there for all new parts.

My reason for saying this is if the car is newish and does not have any filler on it then why should it now.

They will do assessment for new panels and when your not looking ;) damage the panels enough so new ones are needed or do it yourself but not too obvious.

I have had repairs done and always gone back straight away soon as it started to become apparent until they replaced for new ones or just not accepted the car back and walked out the shop with their car.

Be strong and stand your ground as we pay far too much for insurance make sure your 110% happy before accepting it back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, back again,

well i took my car in, and told the guy the story, i asked him if i could get another bumper and i could pay the difference, and he said no bother.

I went and got him the part number and price just to make sure he got the right one.

The standard bumper comes in two parts:-top part is £55 ish (the one that i need)and the bottom is £25 ish (dont need a new one).

The 2001-2002 t-sport bumper is £55 ish + 2p!!!!!!!! so 2P of a difference for a t-sport bumper.

I wont get fog lights but, and it turns out there £60 each :( . So does anyone know where i can get them cheaper?????????

Its going in on this Monday for repairs, and i am getting a rover 25 for a replacement, <_<

I'll let you know how it goes

Hi, got a letter in the other day,

saying that i have to pay £200 excess and i have to apply to claim it back. So even thou we told our insurance company the details of the other guy and what happen it is going through as a claim i thin :blink: :(

not sure what is going on, but apparently we should have went straight to there insurance company from what my uncle says,

but i said this to my parents after blue84 told me to do the same, but did they listen lol no.

Anyway, can anyone tell me is this a bad thing, going through my own insurance company, or well everything be ok?

thanks bye

Hiya,

That is right about you having to pay your excess towards the claim if you are claiming off your own insurance..when you take the policy out it's all stated in there that you are agreeing to pay the excess towards a claim that you are making regardless of who is at fault. What they will do is sort your car out off your own policy..you pay the excess and your insurance wil pay the garage their costs..then they will approach the other guys insurance and recover their outlay..the outlay is basically all the money your claim has incurred.

If I was in your boat I would just inform my insurance for information only and claim off the other persons insurer. One of the reasons for this is that if your insurance couldnt make a full recovery of their costs (which is rare but can happen) that will mean there is outstanding money on your policy and will then take away/reduce your NCB and affect your premium. Also the excess thing is a factor too. It probably wont go wrong claiming off your own insurer in a non fault accident..but just be warned what could happen.

Blue

Hi,

Ive just recently had my Yaris repaired after some genius rammed into the back. Here is what happened.

I called my insurers (Tesco). They told me to take the car into the local ""approved"" crash centre. They assessed the damage.

They then deatiled the damage, and sent it to Tesco via Fax.

Tesco paid for the repairs - and i paid the £450 excess that i have on my policy.

However, as it was the other drivers fault, Tesco will then claim the money back from her insurers - AXA.

With regards to the excess, it can go two ways for me. Tesco will either refund it to me once they have the cash from AXA, or i claim it from her

To be safe, i have utilised my Legal Protection that i paid for on my policy. They (Flint solictors) sent me a questionaire, which i have filled in.

They are now taking her to court on my behalf to claim back the following

1 ) Excess

2) Loss of earnings for me pratting around taking the car to garages

3) Hire car expenses (note - always take hire car premium on your insurance)

4) Damage to goods that i had in the boot (i.e, a couple of framed photos, case of wine - these where smashed (id just been shopping in MK)

Good luck!

Bit different for me... Toyota Insurance aren't asking me to pay anything in the way of excess. This may be because the cause of the accident admittted liability the next day.

I should be getting my new (identical) car this week. (When I say "identical" I mean 8 months newer and about 16,000 miles less). Thus far Toyota Insurance have been really good, doing what they say when they say they'll do it. I reserve the right to change my opinion if everything goes t.u. though ;)

A

:( K thanks guys,

is it too late??, i am supposed to take the car in tomorrow morning for repairs at a garage approved by my insurance company, plus they ave agreed to replace it with the t-sport bumper.

Should i call the other persons insurance in the morning and deal through them, will that mean i have to take it to another garage which is approved by them or will they send someone out, so again i cant get it fixed? or can i deal through the same garage as they already have a estimate.

I think you need to be very aggressive when you deal with insurance companies and be good at demanding ****

thanks, i let you know how it goes in the mornin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

got the car back yesterday, :D and i got the t-sport bumper aswell :D so i'm glad about that. Looking at it doesnt feel as nice as the pics of t-sport cars which i have seen, but i think its cause i havent got side skirts. So you know thats on the list. :thumbsup:

But before that i need to get fog lights. :blink:

SO... where can i get them and dont cost a bomb, do they have to be a certain type, size, brightness etc???????

thanks bye

your best bet is from toyota themselves.

i believe though for the entire assemplys and the loom add on (and if you need the fog lamp 'stalk')

you can be looking at around 250quid!