Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jealous F'ing People !?!?!?

Jimlad

Do take time out to report this to the police Jim, sure its 95% likely they wont get anything or anyone, but id rather there be that little chance than letting someone get away scot free.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate, pretty shocking stuff :(

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• ricomr2

• JappyBeast

• BLOODUK

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you still have your car. In one piece even. Imagine someone nicking it, stripping it out, and leaving it in a council estate or smfing!! Or in a 10 foot ditch in the woods on it haunches. Yes, I've experienced this moment before myself. And I just polished it up too. I even thought about taking the steering wheel off the night before, cos it didn't have the alarm fitted yet, but thought not. GIT.

awwww Jimlad really sorry to hear that crappy news about you car but she will be better again soon knowing you lol.

Chin up mate :group-cuddles:

Wasnt there a guy on another forum that had his MR2 stolen from a private car park ?

Yeah there was, it was a black MR2 but I dont thingk the poster was a regular.

Never did hear if they found it :blink:

ok...

got a pretty decent price of £570 to fix it.

This also includes tho...

my cracked bumper

painting my bomex scoop

painting my toms fins

fixing my dented wing

fixing the dint in the n/a door

All in all seems a pretty decent price to do the above and also all the scratched panels!

I've used this bodyshop before and I know they do a good job.

btw.... I also reported it to the police

btw.... I also reported it to the police

good stuff mate, chances are they won't do squat but you never know :thumbsup:

nothing much.. took my details... had a look around the car. Asked if I knew anyone who would do this, or if I had annoyed anyone. Told them not that I can think of.

He said tbh the likelyhood of someone getting caught is slim. But he will pass it onto the special vandalism dept to have a look at also.

Nice chap... he said if I do find out who done it let them know, also if I have any other probs to get in touch. He also suggested I parked it in that car park opposite my house in the far corner. In there at least it is very hard to spot... which is what I will be doing once it's all fixed.

yes but at the same time, the car will be parked in a dark corner which

makes it an easy target...

true... but harder to spot in the first place.. at least it's not on the street. Also... I could easily get a camera pointing at the car park if I had too.

Actually... the police asked me what car I had... I said a MR2... "is that the red one?" ..... lol

They obviously know my car.

That's sad to see. I'd be very angry and would want it sorted quickly the same as you do BUT logically it would be best to spend a while saving up and then go for another nice paint job.

Does this mean your graphics are coming off now Jimlad?

I picked a colour code for my re-spray today. Its gonna look mental.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I was gonna make joke about your 3 in a bed lady friend but it's not so funny out loud.

I don't know when you are leaving the area, but why not wait till a week or two before you leave to come down south. Less chance of a repeat attack. Just a suggestion anyway.

Sounds like you got a deal for the amount of work you are having done.

Good luck.

I don't know when you are leaving the area, but why not wait till a week or two before you leave to come down south. Less chance of a repeat attack.

:yes:

makes good sense mate

I was advised by the guy not to go from one extreme colour to the other tho....

any reason y ?

He was also on about taking out all the windows and everything for the full respray if I decide to get it. Is this the norm ? My last place didn't do it !

Its the best way to do it mate, it stops the paint from flaking round the edges of the window frames.

Most good bodyshops do it that way.

Dont know why he would say no extreme colours.

ah.... my last bodyshop was ***** then .... lol

Erm.. dunno... he said it's cos if it's chipped alot etc the red will still be under there??

I remember when I had a major dent removed, they took out the glass, but they must have smashed it because the rears were all supposed to be etched with a number C-----, and that side doesn't have it no more. but at least they didn't charge me for their mistake