Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help!

FishDoGG

Got New head unit need help on how to take the old one out??????!?!!!??! Any help would be great!!! thanx! :D

what car do you have mate

Toyota will be able to supply you with the correct removal equipment, namely two thin pieces of metal which fit either side of the head unit and slide it out. However, if you fancy your chances at something you've not done before then you can go the route I'vve always used when installing units for me and my friends and use two flat head screwdrivers to remove it. Put one each side and basically use the screwdrivers as a pivot to lever it out. Its a dangerous procedure to do if you've not done it before but is pretty simple really. If you dont fancy risking your dash tho, the only other ways are to take the whole thing off and push it out of the back or take it a qualified stereo dealer who will fit it for you (whilst charging you loads!!!)

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Did the above advice work for you?

If this is a 91- Camry, then the advice is good. If yours is the 87-91 model (SV21/VZV21) then you need different advice. I have recently swapped the head unit on Father-in-law's 90 Camry, so can give a full story if required.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links