Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Little Sucker Has Arrived!

Yaris-Nut

Hey peeps! Got my Apexi power intake induction kit from Kevin on thursday and managed to get sometime on the saturday to install it. And here it is!

DSC00739s.JPG

Sounds great and extremely pleased with it! Thanks Kev!!

One thing that concern me is that its not getting much cold air, so i wanna put in some cold air feeds. Any idea's where the best place to put them is? And what to use to secure them?

Anyway .. sounds gorgoeus and cant seem to keep myself from planting the throttle! :drool::lol::thumbsup:

Yeah i did .. no problems mate. One bracket goes into one of the original airbox bolt holes and the other bracket goes into one of the engine bolts ( i believe its the one for the engine cover plate?).

But anyway .. managed to work it out after squinting and scratching my head over the little diagrams on the jap manual! :lol:

Nice one!!!

The best place (actually only place) to put a cold air-feed is from the opposite side of the grill to where the filter is. There is a slight gap to the right hand side of the radiator which you can fit one end of the cold air-feed to, then you need to take the other end across the where the radiator cap is and up underneath the filter. This seemed to be the only place i could find anyway.........

Hope this helps. Im sorry if the description wasnt up to scratch, but i didnt know how else to explain it....... Abit too dark outside to take any pics........ :(

I think i used i a 3" air-feed on mine :thumbsup:

Lee

Thats looking nice. I want to get one soon. Except im not really sure how to install it. Theres a garage out the back of me like - so i might just ask em to install it for m. Wud be nice to learn how to tweak the car myself tho. Is the apexi kit the most recommended?

Yeah probably is the best 4 filtration purposes and can be quite noisy 2 I think! I've heard the Blitz induction kit is noisier but has pants filtration! :thumbsup:

Oh and any1 could install an induction kit themselves even a novice like myself! :yes:

Its not all that noisy suprisingly .. maybe cos the yaris has a noisy engine anyway and i was used to it. But anyway it brings a really nice tuned sound to the engine when revved above 3k .. but otherwise u wouldnt notice it at all.

FlashFunk .... being a total newbie to cars and modding, i was able to install the kit myself in just over an hour ( i hear ppl cackling away <_< ). But that was cos i didnt have the right tools to start off with and i didnt know how to undo all the clips etc, plus i wanted to do a spanking good job! :D

So i'm sure you'd be able to do it if i can! .. Just takes a bit of time figuring it out and its easy after that!

So dont go to a local garage cos they'll most likely rip you off ... just becareful and you'd be fine! :thumbsup:

hi did you manage to fit the second bracket to the engine

Yes he did!

Yeah i did .. no problems mate. One bracket goes into one of the original airbox bolt holes and the other bracket goes into one of the engine bolts ( i believe its the one for the engine cover plate?).

:thumbsup:

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a K&N air filter for my T Sport but presume if I get an induction kit i'll no longer need that air filter as you replace the air box? Can someone please explain as I don't want to spend £40 on a K&N filter if not needed in a few months when I get the kit.

Thanks, Jenny

Looks smart!

You know, that strut brace looks familiar, I'm sure I've got one in the spare room somewhere <_<

A

You know, that strut brace looks familiar, I'm sure I've got one in the spare room somewhere <_<

U bringin it 2 the meet Alan and we can all have a look?

And jenny forget the K&N and get onto Envy and get urself an A'PEXi or Blitz induction kit ordered up! :thumbsup:

:lol: .. I'm sorry to hear that Alan .. i assume you couldnt find anyway to mount it then? Could always sell it, as i'm sure someone on the forum would want it! :thumbsup:

Jenny, if you are planning to get an induction kit later on ... then you might aswell save up and get the induction kit straight off. Cos you will need to remove the whole air box and it'll never be needed after you install your induction kit. Just have a look at my pic above and you'd see that the airbox is gone. So no point in getting a panel filter .. might aswell save up and get an induction kit quicker! :thumbsup:

Anyway .. he's the pic of how i mounted the 2nd bracket. You will see i have marked the bolt i used ( just about).

DSC00742s.JPG

Thats looking nice. I want to get one soon. Except im not really sure how to install it. Theres a garage out the back of me like - so i might just ask em to install it for m. Wud be nice to learn how to tweak the car myself tho. Is the apexi kit the most recommended?

dudeeeeeeeeeeeee youre from durham! wow! i think this is the nearest yaris member on TOC to me!! yet to find one from south shields who has joined :crybaby:

and i read this in other post

APEXI - better filtration

BLITZ - looks outstanding, sounds great but not as good filtration

APEXI - better filtration

BLITZ - looks outstanding, sounds great but not as good filtration

I second that. But Im not sure...

What performance differences would you get btw the Apexi and Blitz? Whats the sound difference really like?

U bringin it 2 the meet Alan and we can all have a look?

Cheers! I'm going to bring it along with me on Sunday then I'll decide what to do with it...

I guess that message I have to reply to is from Jimlad... Better confirm I'm coning then!

Thanks again,

Alan