Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Getting One...

Titto

Hi all, at the mo i've got an MR2, which i do love - but i could do with more room and a 4 seater - and i've always loved the Celica too.

Can any of you give me some blasts of information about what kind of model is the best to go for? (by the way im after the model with the 4 round headlights) - are there differences between imports and uk spec celicas? Is the GT-four the only turbo model ? - basically ANYTHING you can tell me i need to know!!!!

Thanks all,

Adam

If you want the ST20* models (four round headlights) then you either want a ST202 SS2/GT (SS2 being the JDM equivalent of a UK GT) or an ST205 GT4 (turbo 4wd version).

The imports have slightly more horsepower but otherwise no major differences.

I'd go for an import as you generally get lower mileage and a few mods already done.

If you're interested my SS2 will be for sale very soon. I've got a Skyline on the way from Japan which arrives mid October so mine has to go then. It's a 1994, just gone over 40,000 miles. Got a few mods and been dyno'd at 165bhp at the hubs recently.

Good choice of gen. It's the only one with semi decent leg room in the back if you're looking for a 4 seeter. (I get 3 kids in the back) I'm not sure what you get in the UK model but but the import has a centre break light at back and elec fold away wing mirrors.

If going for a Jap import what ever u do make sure its an ss2 NOT an ss1, the ss1 hase the 140 bhp engine(3s-fe) and the ss2 has the 173 bhp 3s-ge lump. the best way to tell is look at the engine and if it says 2ltr twin cam 16v on the top then its the 3s-ge the 3s-fe says 2ltr 16 valve i think, also look down on the can belt cover it should say 3s-ge as well. if ur buying i UK car then u dont have that problem as all Gt's came with the 173bhp 3s-ge ....

Whats the differences in models from an L reg onwards??? I've seen that red one Rash is selling in the For sale section - my Mr2 is worth about that so i was wondering about a possible deal with him over that celica....any thoughts on this model???

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22808

facelift was done in 96 ,front bumper is different ,white indicators,thats about it i think . look here http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/ for comparisons. :thumbsup:

a half decent one in the northeast n reg goes for around 3500 to 6000 . :thumbsup:

I wanted an mr2 from day one so if you interested get in touch!!

Mine has the full history even down to the fuse changing...plus more..also it has low milage 92k :thumbsup: