Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Other Than Your Mr2

qwertyuiop

It's safe to say that a lot of people here are deeply connected with their MR2's.... However, if money was no issue, which other (shock horror) car(s) would you be interested in...

viper.jpg

I would tune and turbo this to produce ludicrous power.

...and also

XJ220_WEB.jpg

jaguar_xj220_5.jpg

Now out of production, but I've always liked it.

Discuss.

the Quickest Car of them All Naturally

The McLaren F1 LM all 6.1 ltrs of it hmmm V12 :drool:

349-1.jpg

Performance figures

Power 680 bhp / 507 KW @ 7800 rpm

Torque 705 Nm / 520 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm

BHP/Liter 112 bhp / liter

Power to weight ratio 0.64 bhp / kg

Top Speed 362 km/h / 225 mph

0-60 mph Acceleration 2.9 s

:D

would have to be 911 turbo for me too :D

-edit

mclaren f1

0-60 mph Acceleration 2.9

that is so sickingly quick!imagine doing 0-60 in 2.9s ...your head would snap off! :ph34r:

I'd go all out modding the MR2 then get a family saloon and have the engine only very tuned, such as an audi s8 4.2 quattro,

RsR81-kent_larsson.jpg

or a phaeoton or whatever its called the W12 could probably me made dangerous :)

vw_phaeton.jpg

Best thing about keeping the MR2 is that people don't think much of them, only other sports car think i'd consider would be a noble M12

i.noble.m12.gto3r.04feb.jpg

Jaeckel%20%201975%20GTS%202.JPG

Bibbs, you sure you're not my long lost brother or summink? I can't think of anyone who's ever agreed with me that the De Tomaso Pantera is the greatest performance car of them all.

I had the pleaseure of driving one a few years ago whilst I was living in the US. What an experience. It changed my perception as to what the meaning of torque really is.

Awesome! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bibbs, you sure you're not my long lost brother or summink? I can't think of anyone who's ever agreed with me that the De Tomaso Pantera is the greatest performance car of them all.

I had the pleaseure of driving one a few years ago whilst I was living in the US. What an experience. It changed my perception as to what the meaning of torque really is.

Awesome! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

When you have a car that looks like this .. oh man, and I'm spent ..

detomasopantera.jpg

and with this 6" behind your head

21703jk3.jpg

It's got more style than a Ferrari, rarer than a Lambo, the sound of a Cobra ..

Bibbs and EarL - have to agree the Pantera is in my top 5.

I was down at Le Mans this year and standing around near Arnage on Friday morning checking out a nice F40 when a lovely white GT5S pulled up right in front of me :drool:

the Quickest Car of them All Naturally

The McLaren F1 LM all 6.1 ltrs of it hmmm V12  :drool: 

349-1.jpg

Performance figures

Power 680 bhp / 507 KW @ 7800 rpm

Torque 705 Nm / 520 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm

BHP/Liter 112 bhp / liter

Power to weight ratio 0.64 bhp / kg

Top Speed 362 km/h / 225 mph

0-60 mph Acceleration 2.9 s

:D

The Bugatti Veyron is the quickest:

987 Bhp - 616 BHP/Ton

2.66s 0-60mph

4.63s 0-100mph

1.97s 60-100mph

9.54s 1/4 mile@158mph

Bugatti_Veyron.jpg

Ok so if I won the lotto at the weekend… I would probably just get a nice turbo Rev4/ with some low-key mods. Anything flashier would be very ostentatious and I’ve found that to be such a pain in the ***** that I can’t even be bothered with it – even where I’ve just been running MR2’s (mk1 /Mk2) and a supra, they’ve all attracted unwanted attention from ******s, thieves and drunkards. :ffs: Pain in the *****.

That said I’d probably go down the route of having two cars. Perhaps a lotus elise because I love the corners and there’s not many stock cars that love them more than the little lotus. Not terribly practical though so I’d also want something bigger (4 seats), but not compromise on the power/handling… so perhaps something like an evo or Subaru… again nothing too flashy or it would just be a pain.

One thing I would definitely do is get hold of some big military recon or command vehicle. :drool: Maybe an 8 wheeler Russian job or perhaps even a half track… a turret would be cool… :thumbsup: This would be completely water tight due to the NBC system, could be insulated to make it super warm and would be already come so tooled up with electrics that I would be able to run household equipment in it. I’d kit it out with a nice pc (inc tv/dvd), big screen, bed/futon, lights, cooking equp. Fridge… man it could be my home away from home.

I’d be able to go off to the DZ all weekend and be comfortable without the worry that anyone could accuse me of having a sad caravan or motor home… cos mine would have a ****ing gun turret! B)

One thing I would definitely do is get hold of some big military recon or command vehicle. :drool: Maybe an 8 wheeler Russian job or perhaps even a half track… a turret would be cool… :thumbsup: This would be completely water tight due to the NBC system, could be insulated to make it super warm and would be already come so tooled up with electrics that I would be able to run household equipment in it. I’d kit it out with a nice pc (inc tv/dvd), big screen, bed/futon, lights, cooking equp. Fridge… man it could be my home away from home.

I’d be able to go off to the DZ all weekend and be comfortable without the worry that anyone could accuse me of having a sad caravan or motor home… cos mine would have a ****ing gun turret! B)

Remind me not to PARK near you :eek:

One of these please ......

1056981645.jpg

I treated myself to a £300 track day at Bruntigthrope a couple of weeks back and got to drive one on these bad boys for half the day and a stripped out focus RS touring car for the other!

Really struggled with the FWD focus for the first 15 minutes as not having driven a FWD for close to 3 years, it got quite exciting at one point when I got a full on 4 wheel slide/drift out of the chicane in it ;) all good fun :thumbsup:

The Bugatti Veyron is the quickest:

987 Bhp - 616 BHP/Ton

2.66s 0-60mph

4.63s 0-100mph

1.97s 60-100mph

9.54s 1/4 mile@158mph

Bugatti_Veyron.jpg

Quickest Production Car. :)

Unless the Bugatti has gone into production that is.

Koenigsegg CCR...Swedish Quality! :thumbsup:

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0–62 mph) 3.2 seconds

Top speed: 395+ km/h (242+ mph)

Standing quartermile: 9 seconds, end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)

Braking distance: 31 m (100–0 km/h)

Lateral g-force: 1.3 g

Fuel consumption: Highway travel: 13 l/100 km

Combined: 17 l/100 km

ccr.jpg

Koenigsegg CCR...Swedish Quality! :thumbsup:

I had one of those in front of me when I went for my SVA test...... drool big time, it failed though for the second time - hehe!

If I had an endless pot of cash I think I'd get a helicopter - far more fun!!!

Or maybe 911 turbo, or maybe a zonda, or a Tuscan R - hell I'd buy a big garage and have them all and I could put the heli pad on top of it...... jet ski lake next to.....quad bike course behind it..........perhaps if we all put in a tenner!!!......

Matt.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links