Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are The Problems In New Rav4?

CTS03

Hello to this forum

I am completely disappointed with the quality of my Corolla 1.8TS. The worst problems are persistent sounds-noises-rattles but even its mechanical parts seem not to be set properly (e.g. clutch). I have almost decided to get rid off the car.

I am thinking to also quit from the fast hatchbacks and RAV4 is a very interesting choice for a mixed use 4x4 car. But I am very reluctant with the current Toyota quality, as experienced in CTS.

It will be very helpful to know the opinion of owners for the RAV4 quality and driving abilities on the road.

Not much goes wrong with the new Rav4 , i've been reliably informed 3 things....

Sunroof seals can leak, alloys wheels can corrode, and Oxygen sensors can fail ;)

Bob.

RAV4---Very nice responsive toy, engine is sweet for a diesel.

Just return from a 3750miles tour of Portugal.

But who said nothing goes wrong with the RAV4(MY2002).

I have posted 3 snippets over the last few months on this site --Please read before you become a regular visitor to the Toyota dealers.

I am still awaiting a fix for my gear lever rattle after some six months.

I have been told by two dealers that there is a fault with the 5th gear and Toyota is working towards a solution.

It appears that there are quite a few Rav4 D4D owners are in for a surprise in the not too distant future.

As for rattle and squeaks the RAV4 has many patents.

Will think three times before I pay for a toyota again.

Hope this reassures you in the toyota build quality.

Ramdeom

Brighton.

Sussex

Uk.