Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Here Keeps Fish

Karma Supra

I noticed quite a few people on car forums and the like also have fish... Just wondering who here does and what they have!!

I worked for henley maindenhead aquatics for just over a year and ended up running it, then moved on.. so Have kept quite a lot in my time, currenty have 3 tanks set up, stingrays, just lost a mbu puffer :( various ornimental plecs (including a zebra plec :D) knife fish, gar pike, arrowana... etc etc... plus a 10k gallon koi pond in the garden.

My other half (Charlies Angel) also used to work for the goldfish bowl in Cowley..

Any one else?

used to build ponds years ago.. last one i built was for the old man and thats a 12K i think... was a while ago.. for his koi

I have one myself.. only small as my garden is not that big... just keep orfe and rudd nowdays... had em for years

used to, Sonic and Tails were their names, just your standard gold fish but they were pretty cool!!! :thumbsup:

There are some beautiful and awe inspiring species of fish in the world and maybe one day I would like to have an aquarium with some great examples..... :thumbsup:

For now, I'm afraid, all I have is a DVD of Finding Nemo and a couple of Haddock Steaks in the freezer :drool:

I've got a mercedes :huh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't but I know what the plural for Koi is ;)

Blimey Jaxx. 8" is huge for a bristle nose!!!!!

looks like a female in the pic tho ;)

not a very good pic of our zebra plec..... in real life its a stunner tho :D

post-15-1095446851.jpg

Here's a pic of my reef tank just after I'd transferred the corals and fish over a few weeks ago, added a couple more fish, corals and inverts now and everything has settled in nicely and looks much better and bigger than it does here :thumbsup:

Clicky

That looks grand.

I'm into brids myself though....the flying variety...

Feel bad at the moment though, as I've just had a conservatory built...and the dman things keep flying into it...not good...not good at all.. :-(

Well I used to have two goldfish... Sid and Nancy... (they used to fight a lot) Then Nance died... and I took Sid home (to parents) so that he could be happy swimming around in their pond and make new friends......

Mum n Dad have a huge pond...about 8ft x 10ft ish (mebbe bigger) with loads of fish... Bream, Orfe, Shubunkins(sp), Koi, Rudd etc in it... but my favourite has to be Dyson!! Dyson is an illegal immigrant :o he is an albino coldwater catfish.. apparently they can grow to 4ft long!!! :o ... but he is about 1.5ft long :P

Here's a pic of my reef tank just after I'd transferred the corals and fish over a few weeks ago, added a couple more fish, corals and inverts now and everything has settled in nicely and looks much better and bigger than it does here :thumbsup:

Clicky

Reef tank looks good!!!! What size is that???

I've never kept marines... but would like to one day

I'm running a 5'x2'x18" freshwater tank with a 3 foot sump.. would be good for marines but its got my big freshwaters in it!!!!

I have a: Motoro stingray called Ray Finkle, a shovelnose catfish called Doug (lol), a silver arrowana called 'lil grumpy dave, a spotted gar fish called garfield, krusty the clown loach anda few more that are no named!!!

lost everyones fave a couple of weeks back, Mr. Mbu, a 14" long Mbu puffer (still a baby!) he ate Margery (blue gourami) and died as a result :(

post-15-1095453232.jpg

Blimey Jaxx. 8" is huge for a bristle nose!!!!!

looks like a  female in the pic tho ;)

:lol::lol:

yes it is a 'she' (knew youd pick up on that!) i couldnt tell until some said that the female doesnt have the nose bristles :D its just sorta stuch calling it a 'he' :D

yes i thought 6'' was the optimum size they ever got to, i must say 8inch is a good estimation using as rule on the glass when 'hes' stuck to it.

besides gets plenty of top quality grub and the waters kept prisctine etc etc

plus he normally tries to eat all the other fish in the tank! :blink: already suceeded in bringing down two angel fish and had a good go at other fish! :o

just tend to keep a few small uns in there to add a dash of colour instead and can get out of the way sharpish :lol:

murdrer!

got bout 13 koi, few gold fish an 2 stugeons biggest is bout 2 1/2 foot long!

an longest koi is just under 2 foot

all in outdoor pool bout 5ft deep

Reef tank looks good!!!! What size is that???

Thanks, it's a Juwel Rio 240ltr. Bought an anenome for the Clowns today and it's decided to set up home on top of some Xenia coral :(

two 5 foot tanks and 1 breeding tank , with north and south african chiclids. :thumbsup:

:crybaby: I want MR. Mbu back, shouldnt have eaten my Marjorie!!!!

I love african cichlids, in fact i love cichlids full stop, i used to look after the flowerhorns, or Lou Han cichlids, there so beautiful, the chaps at work said the were vicious, they used to play with me when i cleaned them out!!!

:crybaby: I want MR. Mbu back, shouldnt have eaten my Marjorie!!!!

I love african cichlids, in fact i love cichlids full stop, i used to look after the flowerhorns, or Lou Han cichlids, there so beautiful, the chaps at work said the were vicious, they used to play with me when i cleaned them out!!!

WHO played with you when you cleaned them out?

I have 2 goldfish and a plecostomus (I didn't even know they came in different flavours until I read this post so I don't know what sort it is). They're all about the same age (coming up to 4 years old) and all about the same size (roughly 6-8 inches).

We're currently talking about getting rid of the fish though as we think some sort of accident is inevitable once the baby starts crawling/walking. Once we have asked around the family I may be offering then fish up for adoption on here if anyone in the Pontefract area is interested.

i have 1 male and 4 female siamese figher fish, my dad has a arowana, 2 parrot fish, 1 green terror and another one i cant remember the name off...... lol

How bigs the Arrowana???? ours is still very ikkle! (6-8")