Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beams Engine Mr2?

daz205

am i right in thinking that this is the vvti version found in the later models gen 4+?

is this engine that much better than the gen 3 na?

what would people chose beams or turbo taking everything into account reliability,insurance, etc.???

beams are very rare, no UK car had a beams engine. the last few JDM rev5's had beams engines, insurance wise they are just another normally aspirated, not treated any differently.

ok now i`m confused the beams isnt the vvti engine ? so what power is the vvti engine and is it any good?

The Beams engine is a 2.0 VVTi n/a

Only found in JDM spec rev5's and pretty rare.

By all accounts a cracking revving engine pushing 200bhp!

HTH

insurance wise they are just another normally aspirated, not treated any differently.

True, found this out recently when I was messing around with online insurance quote.

Wish I'd known that before I got my UK rev5 :( I assumed that the 200bhp from the BEAMS unit would send the premium sky high - and as even the UK car is insurance group 16 it was high enough as it is. Quotes recently were only around £50 - £100 more than my UK car, and that'll only be because imports generally do cost a bit more to insure. ARGH!! So I could've got a car with 32 more bhp, passenger airbag, climate control and a smaller steering wheel - time for another cry........... :crybaby: