Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help

gibson335

Can anyone help me? I see a lot of differant type Celica in the forum but none of them is mine I brought a Gen 5 / 1993 Celica wich i'm told has a standed 2ltr engine but it's a jap import so it has all the electric bits. Now the thing that gets me is on the back is has GT-R Badge. So can anyone tell me what exactly i have or don't have in this car. The car is a dream to drive but i like to know about servicing the engine and whats the best |Manual for my car.

Thanks for your help

Stuart

the gt-r was built in august 1991 and is known as a ST182, ST183, ST183C, ST185H - all gen 5

october 1993 cars are as follows non of which carry the gt-r Badge ST202, ST203

the year the gen 6 was introduced.

if its like my red 1 here its a gen 6 ,first made in 1993.

Hi no my one is gen 5 with the flip up head lights. is there anymore you can tell me about the car IE. Speed,performance,mataince-services.

Good morning Stuart and welcome to TOC :group-cuddles:

As you can see I have a GT-R and I love her to bits. :P

performance wise I think, so dont quote me is about 160ish bhp

Top speed 112mph limited as she is an import she will be limited :crybaby:

de-limited, could and does carry on round the speedo, :lol: my needle has hit the P in the middle of the MPH before now :ph34r:

maintance and service well I have just had a new engine put in KITT because I did not check my oil. :angry: :censor:

service same as any other car, just stick to one person who will get to know your car inside and out.

Parts for the GT-R are pretty easy and fairly cheap to get if you know where to get them from :thumbsup: Toyota are very expensive for import parts so shop around first.

hope that helps mate

Ash :thumbsup:

doesn't the GT-R have 4 wheel steering. Someone near me has one and that's the only difference I found but I'm not too hot on celicas.

Ummm if I remember my chassis code correctly the ST185 is exclusively GT-Four!!

The GT-R is a 3S-GE powered celica and in Gen 5 was labelled ST182/ST183 and not all came with 4 wheel steering... which honestly seems to be more hassle for sourcing parts though I have never experienced how they drive so really couldnt say. Im not sure about performance but my Z-R (3S-FE) went well enough so I can imagine respectable performance.

See I told ya someone with proper knowledge would help,

I'll get my coat :bye:

GT-R ST182 - no 4ws

GT-R ST183 - with 4ws

GT-R ST183c - convertible with 4ws

All have the 3SGE engine (approx 156bhp in that gen).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links