Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Few Rav 4 Questions

Paul Thomas

Hi all

I hope you can help as I have a few questions on my 1996 'P' GX RAV4:-

1. What is the correct fron/rear tyre pressures as mine seems a little light on the steering ?

2. How do you remove the rear offside bulbs/cluster ? (The stop/tail light is very dim compared to the other side)

3. How do you remove the repeater indicator light on the front wing to replace the bulb ?

4. Is there a Haynes manual available in the UK for the RAV4 ? and if so who stocks it ?

5. Anything unusual about changing the brake fluid or is it just a case of starting furtherst away from the resevoir and working backwards ? (I have a pressurised bleeding system and no ABS) There does appear to be two resevoirs saying use DOT3 fluid under the bonnet though !

Thanks in advance.

I believe tyre pressures are 26 psi for front/rear on the 3 door models

UPDATE

I have successfully removed the front wing indicator and replaced the bulb - push it towards the front of the vehicle and then prise out the rear first.

I have also fixed the rear tail-light, remove the screw holding the small fascia panel from beneath the light unit. Carefully pull the fascia panel away. Remove the two screws holding the bottom of the light assembly and carefully remove it by pulling. Mine was a bit stuck as it had obviously been on there a while. It turned out the light was so dim because some idiot had fitted a 24volt 21/5w bulb from a truck :ffs:

The front sidelight was also easy to do, just turn the holder clockwise (From the front) and remove it.

The last bulb to do is one on the number plate but I ran out of bulbs at that point.

I would still like advice on tyre pressures though and a Haynes Manual or equivalent.