Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A\c Idle Problem?

matey

Year: 1987

Make: Toyota

Model: camry

Refrigerant: 134A

Hi there,

My A\c works great with the retro to 134A.

The only thing I have noticed is that sometimes when the compressor kicks in, the RPM don't go up to around 800 and sometimes they do.

the engine usually idles around 500 RPM without the A\c on and sometimes stays that way even when the compressor kicks in.

Is this normal or should the RPM raise every single time the compressor kicks in regardles?

Thanks

matey.

Should kick in every time...

Does your AC system need regassing? Perhaps it is running low because when the gas is gone the compressor stops working.

Should kick in every time...

Does your AC system need regassing? Perhaps it is running low because when the gas is gone the compressor stops working.

hey steve,

thanks for your reply.

no gas is needed for ac system....its freezing cold and the compressor always kicks in and turns off no problem. it cycles well.

the only concern is that sometimes when it kicks in, the revs dont go up by 300rpm but engine still idles ok...doesnt want to stall. and at other times, the revs pick up by around 300 rpm....could this be controlled by the computer?

or should the revs certainly pick up by around 300 rpm every single time the compressor kicks in??

and how sure are you steve that the revs should always pick up by such a large rpm range (300 rpm)??

thanks very much,

matey.

Hi matey Welcome to the club mate. About your problem i own a Yaris T Sport and every time i put the air con on the revs increase. And that every time i press the button.

jerry!!

Hi matey Welcome to the club mate. About your problem i own a Yaris T Sport and every time i put the air con on the revs increase. And that every time i press the button.

jerry!!

This happens to every car on earth with A/C (if its working) :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links