Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Joy Riders...

T V O R

Just an idea so bear with me.

It seems to me the governments can’t stop the scourge in society regarding the increasing yob culture and typically joy riding.

People are getting injured and killed by these scum and the courts give no deterrents.

So my point is this, is it supply and demand? If the cars were not available to steal, would this cause a fall in the number of casualties?

Should the owner of the vehicle who hasn’t taken reasonable steps to secure his car to prevent theft be partially responsible?

I’m sure everyone has heard of a story where the car owner starts his car first thing in the morning to ‘warm it up’ then returns inside his home, then some opportunist passer by jumps in and drives off!

Cars being left at petrol stations with the keys in, people leaving cars running while they nip into the shops, the list go on.

So, if you don’t have your car immobilised, alarmed, leave it unlocked or leave the keys in and doors open, should you be liable if it gets stolen and someone is injured and killed?

Over to you :thumbsup:

for one its illegal to leave a car running whilst unattended

ok so theres the loophole of 'prvate property' etc.... in the case of it getting whupped of your driveway

i dont think the owner should be blamed for not having enough security!

we shouldnt need security on our cars of it wasnt for some gimps :angry:

I'm a person who believes what mine is MINE ..

I don't see why I should *have* to lock my car, alarm it, bolt & chain it to the drive and then remove anything of value out of it ..

It's MY car, I paid for it .. keep your thieving gypo hands off ..

yeah, im with the above...

sure, if you leave your car sat their with its engine running and no-one around, your asking for it to be stolen... but that doesnt excuse the theiving toerag that takes it..

as for fining the victim!! c'mon, lets start by handing out punishment (rather than a slap on the wrists) for the offenders, that might actually be a better way to go!

"I'm sorry I shot you in the face, but you should have been fined for not wearing a kevlar face mask" ..

Jaxx and Bibbs have made a point.

I think security on most cars is good enough.

And the result of good security is an increased number of car jackings and burgling the houses to get the keys.

TVOR - if what you have said happens, then one simple mistake on your part means you might face fines, being sued, or even prison.

And if you wanna do the big picture thing, ask the government to sort out crime (petty or otherwise) which can be caused by lack of education, unemployment, desparation, boredom or simple Greed, Lack of support at home...I'm sure I could link it to a few more subjects.

If a few other things were sorted we wouldn't need to lock them up (the cars I mean :lol:).

*nods... agree with ya there firthy.....

on a more minor note... I think someone nicked my valve caps at the weekend :(

Why do people do that? i had one stolen at JAE.

whats the point if he had taken all four then at least i know he has a full set :lol:

i have to go and get a full set anyway :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

were they nice ones mate?

Tim

Mine got nicked within a week of getting the car (PO put them on), only the two curb side mind! Little :censor: nick them for their mountain bikes and BMXs.

I didn't bother replacing them as they'd only get nicked again!

As to laws etc. Incapacitating security systems and hobbling of offenders (try driving with broken ankles you :censor: !).

I'm a sweety really :lol:

Argh...dust caps are another kettle of fish completely...anyone who steals them should have their finger ends lobbed off so they cant steal them again...the first day i got my alloys went to show my uncle at his house comes back outside and they have gone :ffs:

little F :censor: ERS

I'm a person who believes what mine is MINE ..

It's MY car, I paid for it .. keep your thieving gypo hands off ..

well said Baron!!

Does anyone remeber earlier this year or last year, 2 guys in Washington U.S of A taking pot shots at people filling up with petrol or shopping?#

Well, it has just been revealed that the GUN manufacturer is paying compensation to victims and their relatives!!!

What absolute LUNACY!!!

Where do these things end.

If you crash into someone they sue you.

You sue the car manufacturer for not making your car stop when you wanted it to.

They sue the tyre manufacturer cos the tyres skidded.

Tyre manufacturer sue's road builders because if the road wasn't there you wouldn't have crashed and they wouldn't be getting sued.

Road builder sues tarmac maker because if he didn't sell tarmac they wouldn't be building roads.

Tarmac manufacturer has it out with evolution and loses.

Not likely to happen, but you get the point!!!

Ohh and by the way........Your mothers got a p***s!!!!

Why do people do that? i had one stolen at JAE.

whats the point if he had taken all four then at least i know he has a full set :lol:

i have to go and get a full set anyway :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

were they nice ones mate?

Tim

they were gold ones... so not overly nice unless you have a gold car :( and they only knicked 3!!!! :ffs:

I still have the other one here....

Luckily tho when I got em off eBay for a couple of quid for some reason the person put two packs in when they posted em.. so I had a spare set... but the black ones have gone on and im saving the other gold ones for shows :yes:

Sods law speaking about !Removed! dust caps...cleaining my car last night and noticed they have gone :ffs: I swear next time i go to my aunts im watching my car and as soon as i see the little s :cesor: ts im going to lace the little so and so!!!! :angry: :ffs:

Its not that they are expensive its just REALLY REALLY ANNOYING!!! (spelling?)

Has anyone got the locking ones...are they any good?? Thinking of getting some off eBay

argghhhhhh ive had 3 sets of caps stolen all nice sets even the rickbrooke antitheft ones they are crap ive found the perfect answer tho got a set of spincaps from usa where cheap aswell about 13 dollars including delivery tax etc they are pretty nice you get more expensive ones aswell had them on the car for about 4 months now and no one can get at them lol you get a special key which has 2 little prongs on it and that unlocks it if you dont have the key they just spin :P :wacko: !Removed! ingenius i tell ya :thumbsup: heres a link spincaps for everyone to get them the webpage seems to be taking ages to load up just now even on adsl so bear with it they are worth purchasing

whats more satisfying tho is i can just imagine some little ****s trying to steal them and they are spinning :wacko: and spinning :wacko: and spinning :wacko: pmsl so a big %$( you to the theiving *****s :thumbsup:

hope ths helps some of you :thumbsup:

heres a pic of them clicky

Nice one buddy will have a look and more than likely get some...Muhahaha try stealing them now little sh*ts!!!

There should be a gadget that send electric shocks to the dust caps hahaha

Nice one buddy will have a look and more than likely get some...Muhahaha try stealing them now little sh*ts!!!

There should be a gadget that send electric shocks to the dust caps hahaha

get a set m8 you wont be dissapointed hehe that be brilliant electric shock spin caps :thumbsup: :P just remember tho when your pumping your tyres up to turn them off or your in for a nasty shock hehe :eek:

Who wants some !Removed! flashing dustcaps? Loads and loads of them sat round at work, and no sain person will want to steal them!!! :lol:

This is why everyone should have a GPS tracking system on their car.. so if it does get nicked you go fond it and resort to some gool ole vigelante justice :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links