Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Know It's Not A Sports Car But...

eric_a_wellman

I've searched all the camry postings, many, many other sites looking for aftermarket/ performance parts for a 91 camry le auto(yeah I know). None of the camry topics really helped so I figure I'll ask the people who are used to adding mods. I wanted to atleast add an intake and exhaust possibly do performance suspension.

Where do you live eric?

You also need to think how much you have got to spend,because if like me you have looked on a lot of sites and found nothing for your car most of the stuff needed will have to be made as one offs and it don't come cheap at all.

I'm in albuquerque nm. I don't know if I should just use universal parts or go custom at a shop those are probably my only options(besides actually buying a sports car)

Can't really give you that much help as all the bits you are after i can get in the UK and europe.I will have a look over the weekend at US sites for you.Most of the big guns in this type of field will be in the US as well as europe so its just a matter of me going through them all and seeing what i can find.Will post back on monday afternoon.

How come you didn't find anything eric,there's so much stuff for a camry in the US it would take me days to go through it all :wacko: :P .

First off have a look at www.ptuning.com they do the tenzo-r induction kit but just type in your car model and year to have a look at everthing they do for a 91 camry or look at www.brucenomura.com they are in the process of bringing out a unifit kit and say it is quite easy to fit.

Next off look on www.brullenexhaust.com and they have a dealer in your home town.Frisbees performance & custom,229a san pedro n.e,suite a,tel 505-265-1970.

This next one is in canada but has links to more or less everybody who does stuff for a camry and will take you ages to go through them all and then when you think you are done go through the other clubs like camryman.org for even more links,www.tt-cc.com.Methinks you are going to be busy for a few days eric ;)

Must be the cheapest Mod ever, my son bought it of eBay for £3.99. And has done it to his G6R If you have not already heard of it here are the details.

Remove the plug from the Air Temp sensor on the air filter box and bridge the plug with a 4.7k ohm resistor. This tells the ECU that the air is cold and the timming curve is advanced giving more power. I have not tried on my Camry yet as son has borrowed it due to his G6R is in the body shop after hitting a deer!!

Regards

Keith

PS

Tried this on the Camry 93 model results not as good as sons Corolla. Its due to the different temp Sensor Comparing the resistance/temp cure for each, 8.2K should give the same improvement as the Corolla.

hi again fellas I was just about to get some of those parts, but now my cd player is on the fritz. I have a really nice kenwood excellon (10 disk) with the flip face function. It was the best part of the car but now it doesn't even flip or play. Thought I'd ask, could it be a fuse or maybe some sort of security function? Hopefully it won't be expensive.

Not real familiar with CD changers, but have you made sure all the connections are there and sound? It could be a fuse, is there any sort of power indication light on your changer? If this isn't on, the changer isn't powering on. I'm not familiar with the installation but the changer is usually turned on by the deck, whether it's a Kenwood deck that mates specifically with the changer, or it uses the Remote power on, or power antenna out from the deck, if the changer doesn't get this signal turning it on it won't matter if you're getting power to it or not.

I had a RF Punch40 Amp with a bad solder connection to the REM input. Once resoldered it worked like new again, I've had it for years now and no problems since. If you don't find an obvious fuse, check the installation, something may have come loose.

So I had a spot of free time and took it to the electronics store. started the car and within two seconds the sales person had fixed it. he took his index finger and applied pressure to the top left corner of the back of the face releasing it for proper operation. but thanx anyway

-snip-

Remove the plug from the Air Temp sensor on the air filter box and bridge the plug with a 4.7k ohm resistor. This tells the ECU that the air is cold and the timming curve is advanced giving more power. -snip-

Regards

Keith

Which wire is the ECT wire? I have found many many different instructions on doing such a mod but i can't find one that deals with the camry.

• 2 weeks later...

that idea is very much frowned upon in toyotanation.... one reason is for 4 bucks u get something that fools ur ecu into thinking its cold air when its not.. why not save ur 4 bucks make a custom cold air intake ( CTmotorsports.com) and have it set up properly...

humpty

• 3 weeks later...

All I have done to mine was manually advance the timing to about 22 deg to compensate to the lack of vacuum advance here at 6000 feet in Albuquerque and remove the air intake silencer along with this brass lookin thing in the top of the airbox. Then I cut the top of the airbox up a little to take care of turbulence caused by the rough plastic edges. After that, it'll smoke the tires all the way through first gear and hits 60 in about 7.5 secs. I dont know how stock it was when I got it, but after my mods, it was a bit better. Five speed really helps here. This all went of a 1984 Camry

• 1 month later...

So a couple days ago I took my camry in to the shop to get an inspection and I will need alot of work. I also saw a commercial that advertised a tacoma for something like $79 A MONTH! I'd rather have a sedan or a sports car but being that it's new it could probably take the mods I wanted and seeing the work that will likely need to be done to my camry I'm tempted to sell it. Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

it's me again haven't posted anything in a while. I was telling one of my friends I wanted to add some sort of a hood scoop to increase airflow, and he suggested using a hood lift kit because the supports on the underside of the hood restrict where the scoop could be placed. Haven't started too much of a search but it seems it would be really easy to do and also inexpensive. If anyone knows any shops or sites that might carry this kind of kit any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx again-eric(albuquerque)

• 3 months later...

what ever you do you might want to start with your exhaust first becuase if you add an intake or air filter etc, it will only be able to push out so much based on your exhaust. Just something basic to think about. :thumbsup:

You say the Camry is not a sports car why say that One of the fastest cars in the wourld the Skyline AKA Godzilla come's in a 4dr too and a station wagon The camry is a good car and a good ride I got one and its not a HONDA :lol: lol The best part about of the Toy is you can Buy JDM engines :thumbsup: for it Im trying to do the 3S-GTE In my 95 This engine is like 200hp stock :bookworm: put a bigger turbo T3/4 and a lot of little things and you got one Hell of a grocerie getter :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links