Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Celica Is Sick

DEF

:wacko: I'M GOING CELICA CRAZY....I have a 99' GTS and I am quite happy with it....LUV IT; However, 2 months new it would not start...I had to feed it gas for 2-3 minutes to get the engine to idle from 200 rpm to 800 rpm...then I could lift and drive off. It did not happen again until 2 years later and out of warranty....now, at 4 years old, it happens as often as a woman changes her mind about what shoes to wear in the morning. It happens in cold and hot weather; when the car sits for 1-2 days; when ever it darn feels like it-it seems...no corrolation can be set to the event really.

I have taken it to 3 different dealers and only one experienced the car not starting without flooring the gas...the computer told them it was a weak Battery. I purchased one and 2 months later it started again. I had my dirty injectors cleanded and still it happens. I wanted to change the fuel filter; but the dealer sez no...lets trap it. Well, it cost me each time to have them look at it-and it is not happening for them. I am not a literate car person, just a good looking gal that likes this good looking car. I NEED HELP AS TO WHAT TO DO NEXT. It happens every 2 to 4 days now and is more of an irritant than the inconvience. H E L P P L E A S E...

(Foston55@cs.com).

Hello. Sounds to me like you have a weak fuel pump. I would replace that and the filter at the same time.

;) Thanks Howard. That makes sense to me for what little I know. All 3 dealers warned against replacing the fuel filter and gas pump "unless" their diagnostic testing results showed a fault. I much rather replace and then have amunition for the US East Coast Director of Sales for Toyota

-who is my last stop-to use with his people in questioning why they cannot seem to find a problem. Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links