Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n

houston

K&N are good filters or they wouldnt be so popular, if everyones using them its for a reason! cheap too :thumbsup:

Touring car spoilers are popular and so are chav baseball style caps

you dont see me using em do you :!Removed!: oh yer you just said yourself

Cheap too , i wonder why there so popular then

:lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• houston

• Stu8

• BLOODUK

• breezer

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying K&N are bad filters, but they are not up there with the likes of Apexi. You never see any highly tuned Jap cars with K&N filters do you ?

True :thumbsup:

Makes me laugh how people argue over the different brands of air filters. Yes I'm sure the jap brands are very good quality but there's nothing wrong with the likes of K&N and pipercross, they use them on rally cars. No air filter is gonna give massive power gains anyway, I bought mine just for the noise.

drive past my car/house houston and il tell you if its loud or not!! :lol: i always have window open and i hear many cars before i see them, and tend to look out window to see who it is.

:lol: :D

where u live like? just look for the green mr2 with the white alloys u cant miss it!!!

i live wenlock road!! at bottom next to hair dressers and newcastle road!! im off to my mates atm!! lol!!

if i see you around, il hear you first probably, unless i have the tunes pumping :rolleyes: right off to mates to try wind deflectors :unsure:

:ph34r:

lol i dont think champus likes k&N dont blame her really , k&n is not my most liked filter either... seen too many novas when k&n on :(

so did u hear it? i was a passenger in it yesterday and really heard it more, must be cos it was right behind me. still havent spotted yours but im looking :eek:

lol!! you'l see it!! i have the only modded Yaris in South Shields :rolleyes: silver, with tints and tsw razors, as in pic!! not hard to miss if i go past you :D :P although im usually out of the house all the time!!

I'll do a sound recording later on of my induction kit.

but at high speeds all you can hear is the turbo spooling, my mates say it's sounds "evil" :thumbsup:

That it? :lol::lol::lol:

Joking cant really tell man , sounds like mine but a bit quiter must be all that turbo spooling going on

:ph34r:

Which one have you got?

I never did say it was the loudest induction kit :P

but it's certainly one of the biggest, the filter is about the same size as my head. :thumbsup:

(Probably why the spooliing noise is so loud,)

that's a old vid by the way, the filter is now properly placed.

63a28180.gif

slightly off topic but... houston do ya live in jesmond?

see a nice gotwood green one being driven around there.

And erm to go back on topic... the K&N does make a nice noise, got it on my girl and u can hear her suckin when ya switch the car on. Needs a clean tho, almost black in colour now!!!

-Z

no i live in south shields, only put newcastle in profile cos not many people know where shields is! ive seen quite a few green mr2s kicking about now, and i thought i was being different getting a green one!

and breezer i think i saw your car, going down boldon lane then heading to hospital around 7pm? i was on the bus behind u!

drove past a workmate today, without seeing the car he said he thought it sounded like a subaru :lol: reckons the whistle it has sounded like a turbo, i reckon hes hearing things ;)

Yeah, my induction kit constantly sucks in, it also makes a high pitched noise when the clutch is pressed and easing off the gas, kinda sounds a bit like a dump valve, erm kinda :lol:

Mine sucks like mad on cold start up and give a little dump valve sound when you lift the clutch after shifting...

It also whistles when pressing the throttle gently :huh:

drove past a workmate today, without seeing the car he said he thought it sounded like a subaru :lol: reckons the whistle it has sounded like a turbo, i reckon hes hearing things ;)

maybe you've got a turbo and never knew it. :P

can i clean my filter with petrol or parafin? its k&n was already on the car when i got it

buy some k&n cleaner, best to stick with the recommended stuff :thumbsup: will only be about a tenner

yeah just finished cleaning....cost me 10.99 from Halfords for the k&n filter cleaner.....just waiting for the thing to dry lol!

stu8 i like what you done with your number plate looks smart.

no i live in south shields, only put newcastle in profile cos not many people know where shields is! ive seen quite a few green mr2s kicking about now, and i thought i was being different getting a green one!

aww pap, sp ur not a fit blonde then :P

Well it's nice to find a few more peeps up this end of the north, mini-meet convoys will be bigger down the A1 now :thumbsup:

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links