Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corola Ts Vs Leon Turbo

gramacar

Hi

I have just read in a greek magazine (drive) a test drive between corola TS and Seat Leon 1.8 turbo.

I will give you the performance numbers according to the test.

Corola TS (all figures are km/h)

0-100 : 7.5sec

0-160 : 18 sec

80-110 (3rd gear) : 4.4 sec

80-110 (4rth gear) : 5.6 sec

110-140 (4rth gear) : 7 sec

110-140 (5th gear) : 9 sec

Top speed : 223 km/h

Seat Leon 1.8 Turbo

0-100 : 8.2 sec

0-160 : 20.3 sec

80-110 (3rd gear) : 4.2 sec

80-110 (4rth gear) : 5.1 sec

110-140 (4rth gear) : 5.9 sec

110-140 (5th gear) : 7.4 sec

Top speed : 216 km/h

Seat Technocar in greece offers an improvement for the Seat Leon that increases the power

from 180 to 225 hp and torgue from 239 to 323 Nm. These figures have been measured in a

Dynojet 248 High speedx2 Dynamometer. The improved Leon tested and the results are as follows:

Improved Leon 1.8 turbo

0-100 : 7.1 sec

0-160 : 17.6 sec

80-110 (3rd gear) : 3 sec

80-110 (4rth gear) : 3.5 sec

110-140 (4rth gear) : 4.4 sec

110-140 (5th gear) : 5 sec

Top speed : 228 km/h

The numbers are impressive. The cost of the improvement is just 1300 Euro.

The improvement consists of a remapping in ECU from APR, increase of the

turbo pressure to 1 - 1.1 bar and a new fuel regulator (4bar).

The car' s warranty remains unharmed after the improvement. :)

So the total value of the cars (here) are Corola : 24560 Leon : 24655 + 1300 (the improvement)

What is your opinion?

I would still go for the corolla,

1) me corolla lover

2) It's japanese

3) If the stock toyota is such a harsh opponenet on acceleration to the seat, prolly with some minor tuning on the corolla, you would retrash the Seat.

MUAHAHAHAHA, hell this is a toyota owners club forum, how can i not be biased to say......... TOYOTA!!!

Mmmmm

I have read many tests in magazines in my country. Generally all

magazines do not consider corolla as a genuine sports car (GTi) but

more like a fast family car with good overall quality but with a wheel without

sense of the road and an engine with two faces (dead below 6000). They also

criticize the VSC that cannot be turned off like in most Gti style cars.

They all consider as the king of super Gti' s the Civic Type-R, which personally

don' t like its shape. It is more like a van than a sports car. As for the leon they say that it

is a honest car with good quality excellent engine, very good performance especially

in the middle rpms but a little aged. :unsure:

1.8T aint exactly the most reliable engine ever, and then you increase the boost...heh...

...as to stock Corolla TS not being as hot as Type R that is true... however, once you lower the car and get wider tires, it can compare with Type R anywhere you want... plus it is easier to drive in the city, and when raining it is a fast car...and it has more kit... and 2zz-ge is probably the best sounding 4cl engine on the market...

as to VSC, once you lower the car it hardly ever turns on and it is very subtle... put some 215/45 17" tires and rear TTE spoiler, and you will get one fast machine thats also good looking...

I know that one portuguese mag. tested TS with TTE upgrades, and they thought it was totally different car with great handling...

but thats up to you, you can leave it stock and get quick but comfy car or modify it for relativly small amount of money and get one of the best handling cars in the class...

another point - there is simply nothing like hearing 2zz-ge screaming from 6,000 to 8,200 rpm...god it fells good...

(just came back from ride)

Hi Guys,

I'm of the same opinion as sp, and as I've got most of the mods he talks about fitted, I can endorse what he says, plus, it's not just about the car, the nutter behind the wheel plays a big part, put me in a T Spirit and I'd still give a lot of Leon drivers a run for there money, in my T Sport, more see the back of my car than the front of it, in the rear view mirror :D :lol: :D :lol:

I took a Type R out for a test drive, the weather was appaulling twice it went side ways off round abouts, ok this was fun and very pradictable and easy to control, but it happened all to easily for my liking. much prefer the way my TS handles and welcome the assistance of TC and VSC, but as sp says with 215/45 17" tires and rear TTE spoiler and TTE springs on you really got to go to get the bleeps going, yep I can still do it but I'm really pushing hard when it does. 6200-8200rpm the engine note is fantastic, cant wait for TTE exhaust and Blitz induction kit, think I'll be after RS with these fitted :P

Also all the figurers quoted don't really matter it's how it "feels" that what really counts, does it make you smile, does it suit your needs, if it does then to hell with every one elses opinion, drive smile and have fun :D :D :D

I have just recently road tested back to back both the Leon Cupra and the Corolla T Sport. Also the Honda CTR even though I wasn't going to buy it as it wasn't in the nearly new price bracket I had in my back pocket. Oh, and the Octavia RS.

CTR most impressive and had I the budget...

Octavia RS very good, but all overpriced.

Leon was a bit disappointing, no way as quick as I expected, so I bought a mint ex Toyota car in black and it's not bad! Used to drive an Alfa 147 2.0 manual which handled better, but ride was crap and it had no where near the poke of the T Sport.

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links