Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-spirit Audio

man-bing

Hello

I've finally got started on putting in my in-car stereo in for my Corolla T-Spirit.

I was very unsure how this would look, before i brought it, and even after it was shipped to me from America, was still unsure if it looks ok any way.

I finally put in, after waiting for my Alpine to be returned to me from repair.

***Note: if anybody does own an Alpine, it's never been so cheap, and cost effective to have it repaired ;)

If you need more details, let me know, and i'll post it to you... ***

I have two Alpine's, which i'll change to the second one, further on into the install.

Any way, i've posted a pic, let me know what you all think...

Bing

Looks good! Have just got myself a T Sport and wanted to change the stereo, however there aren't many decent double din units out there! However you seem to have got round the problem by way of a crafty adaptor to make it a single din unit. Where did you get this? Is it available from a toyota dealer?

Cheers for your help.

David

Hi David

No, this is not a Toyota product..i asked, but they said it would invalid the warrenty. :angry:

I got this from the States, had it shipped over to me, very quick, about 5 working days posted to me.

Looks much better than the usual plastic stuff they have over here,

and was a whole lot cheaper as well, about £21 all in, postage as well!!!! :P ;) :P

http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com/ct..._PR14565466.htm

This is where i got it from..i think they had another product like this one, but not sure.

If you need any further help, let me know. ;)

Bing

hi,

I got the same adaptor and it did come very fast from the USA. However, I had real problems with Parcel Force and eventually picked it up from their depot after 2 weeks of trying to get them to send it to the correct address. :(

I just have 2 questions;

1. how do you take out the orginal head unit. I try to a while back but seems locked in place.

2. I been told I need a harness for the radio wiring, could you give me the code or somewhere I can get one. I am planning to put in an Alpine unit as well.

Going to try this myself, fingers crossed!

thanks in advance

It took some working out how to dismantle the dashboard apart to get the old unit out.

You don't need any tools at this time, don't rush it as well, just be gently.

Very easy to pull apart.

First: Go to Halfords or any car place, and buy a harness for the Corolla about £10 and get an adpator for the arial from ISO to standard (or whatever it is!!) You will need a socket set/ratch spanner.

1: Pull out the gearbox cover away, move to one side

2: Pull the trim away from the gearbox surrounds.

3: The centre console comes away in one part, right up to the air vents, might need some jigging around before it comes away.

4: underneath the air vent / audio are 4 bolts, need a ratched spanner to undo

5: pull out the air vents / audio out as one, will need patience to do this, and it does come away.

Note: might be a little stuck, due to the fact it's stuck in by the air vents, but it will come away.

6: once the unit is out, the audio is cliped in by locator holes, 3 on top/bottom, gently pull middle one and then the ends, will come out, but just take your time

It instructions for the new audio adaptor, is very easy, but after a few parts are in, you can see where it goes.

To put it all back, do the reverse as you pulled it out.

If you need any help, let me know.

Bing

• 2 months later...
picture, i hope...

Hello to you, i have too corolla 2003 and i can't find the toy k960 in Israel, and the companys that selling this thing is not working whit israel... what can i do with this trouble ?

Hiya Peeps,

Yaris boy has been kind enough to put together a howto doc in the workshop area of the website on how to put a standard single din into a Yaris, I was wondering if you fancied doing something similar for the Corolla as by the look ofthis post it could be very useful to a lot of others.....

It's not something i thought about, doing a manual of how to....

but considering the amount of Corolla's on the road now, i will consider it

Bing

:thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

i dont have climate control ac but havd 3 knobs in the panel. i followed the instrustion to remove front panel to get to the back off the head unit for removing the screaws but i canot get the front panal out because something is holding down them 3 knobs which is the heater control part because i managed to get them 4 clips unhooked but it was stuck in the middle where the knobs where could some1 advise where the other screws are beca i looked every where cannot find them. 54 plate t3 corolla.

• 3 months later...

Seen your url for ordering facia for corolla, i clicked on it and it didnt work so i went onto thte site manually and found http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com/ct_PR180946480.htm is this the same one you bought for your car. I bought one over here in the uk and its s**t doesn't fit in flush and squeaks and creaks, the one you have installed looks like a far better job. Thanks

i dont have climate control ac but havd 3 knobs in the panel. i followed the instrustion to remove front panel to get to the back off the head unit for removing the screaws but i canot get the front panal out because something is holding down them 3 knobs which is the heater control part because i managed to get them 4 clips unhooked but it was stuck in the middle where the knobs where could some1 advise where the other screws are beca i looked every where cannot find them. 54 plate t3 corolla.

With this version you need to hold the centre control knob (fan speed one) and pull it out towards you, once out you will see a cross head screw which can then be removed. After this the rest of the panel will come out. (It should pull out easily if it is tight go easy, you don't want to break any clips !!!. I fitted a pioneer DEH-P9800BT with the following adaptors Autoleads PC2-17-4 Toyota- ISO lead adaptor and Autoleads facia adaptor (single DIN) FP 11-04 (Just take your time with the plastic fittings and be patient).

As this Pioneer head unit works with the bluetooth phones the wiring for the microphone supplied was routed around the headlining and A piller and the microphone itself was mounted above the rear view mirror. (Looks like it was an OEM fittment).

Have a look at the photo's in the posting from Man-Bing to get the idea on how to remove the centre panels too.

My next step is to get the steering remote controls to work, waiting on the interface from the USA ! Good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links