Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Little Corolla Ts ?

exon16m

Since I have broken the engine in I have become ADDICTED to hitting the 6000+ revs and getting that kick. I simply cant help myself 1st to 3rd gear ...personaly i always chicken on getting the full lift on 4th and never have in 5th or 6th (is it posible?). I also have 3 other Questions :

a ) How often do you go into the lift (am i normal)

B ) Am i really damaging it or as a high reving engine its meant to take it ?

c ) What can i do to stop myself ?

enjoy it dude... it is made to be driven hard... there are ppl with 100,000+ miles on it, that hit rev limiter few times a day and 2zz-ge keeps taking it fine

Hi exon

i have managed to go 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th all above 6200rpm, you got to try it engine sounds fantastic and the smile factor is huge,

A) as many times as possible every trip (am I normal,,,I hope not :D :D :D :D )

B) from what I've seen in posting here and my experience so far NO, its how the engine was built and designed and it is protected by rev limiter any way. Plus you shoud have seen me on test drive in demo car, sales guy said it was good to see someone drive it properly, ie 6200rpm all the time :lol::lol::lol:

C) How to stop it,,,buy a Ford :D :P :lol: ,,,,why would you want to stop it ;)

jake, you should dyno the car before fitting blitz induction kit and after, so we can see how much hp you can gain...

same thing with TTE exaust, although as much as i know, their exausts are more done for the sound and look than the speed

Hi SP,

the guy doing the work has a rolloing road and it will be tested before and after fitting of induction kit, have not made up my mind about TTE exaust yet may go for a performance zaust from another manufacture will keep you informed as things progress :D :D :D

Hi SP

Blitz induction kit should arrive in UK next week will have it fitted asap, £200 inc, fitting and rolling before and after road tests, zast will be after the induction kit is fitted, may be a week or so later, wait info on TTE as to performance gains if any or this one one may be powerflowexhausts

i have managed to go 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th all above 6200rpm, you got to try it engine sounds fantastic and the smile factor is huge,

jake .. what speed did you hit?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links