Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Sr On 17's

CoRoLLa_KiD

My mums just gone and bought herself a Starlet so just a couple of questions...

Will 17's fit on a Starlet SR (S reg) and with what tyres? I've been told the arches will need to be rolled to fit them on anyway. Any advice appreciated :)

Another thing. Does anybody have the part numbers for the Glanza sideskirts? I doubt if I walked into my local Toyota dealers they'd know what I was talking about :blink:

Thanks in advance! :D

he he i wish my mum rolled around in a sr with 17's..

17's will fit with slight modifications to the front plastic arch guards.

as long as you get the correct offset the backs shouldn't catch, although when there's a few in they will :thumbsup:

craig

Wouldnt bother with 17s to be honest as its gonna kill the performance of the car and the spot on handling,go for some nice 16s that go to the edge then drop it an extra 15 mm

i have 16" wheels on mine and i have only had them on the car for a bout 2 weeks and the speed just drops of the car. the car goes from a nippy 1300 to a very slow 1.2.

the good points are that i have slammed it on the coilovers and it looks 10 times better that the 15".

go with 15" if you like your speed.

cheers :rolleyes:

4x100PCD ET38. the 38 is your offset.

the reason for the speed drop is due to increased inertia in the drivetrain.

the combination of big wheels/small tyres has higher polar inertia than small tyres/big wheels so it takes longer to accelerate and also results in poor(er) fuel consumption.

have a nice day

sv

So shall I just tell her to get a nice set of 15's? :unsure:

BTW, anyone know the part numbers for those skirts? she keeps pestering me lol :lol:

She didn't really like the idea of 15's because that's whats on it as standard :lol:

She's talking about a Glanza V conversion :eek:

Well Fensport have got a Glanza V they've imported for sale & it may go to a home near me, if it does he's going to rip out the engine for something bigger so that engine would fit nicely into my mums car... if you catch my drift :lol::lol:

She wants those sideskirts but needs the part numbers so I can go up the local Toyota dealer to order some! Hmm, 16's would look dishy :thumbsup:

i've got 16's on my starlet, it did rip into my performance, but its still quick enough to see off most 1.4's.

iv 17s on mine,luks sweet but def puts a downer on performance.

Go for 16's nice compramise and with a little drop they look mint :thumbsup:

Sicaln you got any pics of yours on 18's???

Here you go si, must say they look mint did you have to do much arch work to get them to fit??

Geoffmk1.jpg

18s.jpg

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links