Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Did You Pay For Your Mr2?

qwertyuiop

yeah it surprised me as well, i had 3k to buy a 2, but 1k had to go on debts(not my choice <_< ) which left me with not a lot of options, there were a few dogs i saw but this one seemed the best, now ive had it a while its starting to show annoyoing bits, passenger window makes a crack noise as its about an inch from up, drivers side rattles like mad if its not fully up or down, and when i go over speed bumps the whole dash seems to make a rubbing noise! been told it might be the suspension but im not so sure, but still a great drive :thumbsup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• JappyBeast

• ricomr2

• houston

passenger window makes a crack noise as its about an inch from up

Take the door trim off and check the bolts holding the glass in place,

they are probably loose :thumbsup:

drivers side rattles like mad if its not fully up or down

same again...

and when i go over speed bumps the whole dash seems to make a rubbing noise! been told it might be the suspension but im not so sure

Again could be loose bolts in the dash mate defo wont be the suspension :thumbsup:

was gonna check the window bolts when ive the money to replace door speakers(managed to blow the standards <_< ) and i dont think the dash is loose, it seems to be where it meets with the door cards, im gonna have to have a proper look some time but im just too damn lazy B)

December 93 Revision III GT-S, Stock apart from a cat-back HKS Hiper exhaust & Momo steering wheel, 3.5K (GBP's), 55,000 miles on the clock :P

Cheers

KiwiMR2

erm, i got my 2 at the end of february. from coventry. I paid 2k, it was stock. and had 95 on the clock. its a n/a, H reg, sport. :) (... and luv him to bits :P )

spent about 1k on him so far.

£2500. one lady owner from new '92 REV 2 T top. Full serive history with every bit of Toyota "advise" delt with at toyota prices.

never been dented, only the bonnet and bumper have been respreyed due to stone chips.

• 3 weeks later...

6 years ago in 1998 - cost me £8,500. The turbos hadn't long been in the UK at that stage and they were still quite rare.

Maybe it was expensive, but back then they were all going for good money and it had only done 13,000. In the 6 years, the total sum of stuff that has gone wrong is:

Seized brake caliper

Faulty temp sender

Intercooler fan sensor

and that ladies and gentlemen is it!! I love Toyotas

Last year I paid 5k for my 96 GT T-Bar UK Rev 3 N/A with 67k on the clock...totally standard in excellent condition...not much history as the garage claimed they lost it (yeah right)...had the prev 5 years MOTs though...had it AA checked and turned out ok so decided to buy it...I had to go for the NA as I was only 21 at the time and in uni...but loking at the prices some of you guys paid for yours its making me sick...I think I paid over the odds but when I was looking thats what they were going for...

Private sale. It was advertised for £3600 but I managed to knock him down because the paint was dull and there was a split in one of the tyres where he'd gently kerbed it.

It had 52k on the clock, had been serviced every 5k miles, and has a service history like the encyclopidia britanica.

Got it for £2600 with a spare set of rev1 wheels/tyres, toms scoop, spare indicator lenses (clear), spare turbo timer, Mr T cup holder.

Luv it :thumbsup:

Dec 22nd 2003

Rev3 1994 M reg

47k miles

Full toms kit

CD MD Head unit

HKS Exhauts,Induction and dump valve

£4500

Bought in August 2004

1992 Rev 2 GT-TBar Turbo with all options

78k miles on clock

Original Documents and some history

Mongoose Exhaust

Blitz Induction Kit

Blitz Turbo Timer

Blitz BOV

16" alloys with brand new Michelin Pilots

New Clutch and Timing Belt

Full decent Respray so Bright Red

Private Plate

Paid £4000

Probably about 500 more than I would have liked to have paid - but it had the exact mods I would have spent about 1k doing and importantly hadn't had any boost mods done so far :).

Perhaps more significantly, the seller was a seriously decent guy - he let me take it for an afternoon...on my own - and said I could do so again if I wanted to check it over! I paid him by cheque in the end and he let me take the car on the same day. I guess he knew I wasn't going to rip him off - but was decent of him and made me a lot happier paying a higher sum for it.

I see Autotrader has Rev2's going for anything from 2-5k with mid 3 being average? I assume a lot of the 2-3k ones are knackered or something? Seems a big discrepancy?

stock 1992 Rev2 N/A

95k miles on the clock

mint condition

£4175

boy do we swedes pay too much for our 2's......

stock 1992 Rev2 N/A

95k miles on the clock

mint condition

£4175

boy do we swedes pay too much for our 2's......

Aye - you're a bunch o' turnips!

:lol: ;)

• 3 months later...

brought my rev 1 imported mr2 turbo last week for £700. interior is mint with 7" screen in dash and pionner cd player. body work is faded but its already booked in for kit bein fitted and a respray in candy red. engine wise it had a new turbo and was runnin 290 bhp with graphs to prove but bottom end has gone hence the low price. currently parked up in mates garage have a full engine rebuild. lookin forward to gettin it on the road :D

Brought Nov 2004

Black T-Bar MK2 REV1 Tubby

17" Wheels

No Tax

12 Months MOT

MP3 CD Player

Exhaust.

110 K (Kilometers, not miles)

UK History

Appart from that stock

£2800

I recently enquired tio garages around Scotland too see what mines would fetch (was considering selling it :!Removed!: ) I asked what would it cost for a mint 96 rev four with minor mods:zorst induction kit and bone stock exterior around 50k on the clock. The garages quoted "your looking around £10k m8"...! Apparently reason is they are very difficult to get hold of in near stock spec and after 1996 and they go for above normal prices in Japan.  Looking at the local trader 94+ rev3, 60k miles with off putting extensive mods are going for £8.5k! tis pretty nuts imo. Most private sales are shafted tubbys for dirt cheap in my experience.

very true, all that, number of g-ltds and tubbys i see about that look like sheds is, well most that arn't at shows, dull paint, flaky laquer, sound like bags of nails, covered in parking dents etc thats why they are either cheap or expensive, very little in the middle, owners don't want to let go of their older but good condition ones.

:D Mine: dec '97 R reg. Rev 4 gt t-bar. Bought it Aug 04. Mint condition, Goodwood Green, 57k miles (only done 24k until feb2003) ftsh. Bought from a big honda dealer in Barnsley. Very clean, very well looked after, no dents. no hint of rust anywhere! HPI clear. £7400. Not cheap but i'd been looking for 2-3 months, and at that time of year from a dealer.....! And if above is true..!

:thumbsup:

Brought Nov 2004

17" Wheels

No Tax

12 Months MOT

MP3 CD Player

Exhaust.

UK History

Appart from that stock

£2800

...it's BOUGHT not brought!!!! :ffs:

Pxed a cacky Alfa 155 and 2G for mine a year ago now, totally standard, with full history for a rev1 91/H. I look back now at standard rev1's going by, and think, thats what mine USED to look like. Single color cars are SOOO boring now!! HEHE. Was originally 3JE red, the darker red.

DSCF0043.jpg

CP2.jpg

Got mine a week ago:

1991 - H

Dark Met Blue - T-Bar ( Inc shades and bags )

More history than the Titanic - 4 new Toyo's ( Death wish in the wet )

all round good condition apart from a scrape on the front corner of the nose which i am going to re spray or fit a body kit.

£1,000 - ( My mate was desprate for the cash )

Its a Deal, It's a steal, Its the cheapest MR2 of the century .................

I do miss my AE82 GT

Revision 2 '93 L reg N/A UK car with 69K on the clock, got it for £900 with a slight bump on the front and cat C.

should be back on road next week costing a total of £1500 for car and the parts.

Can't wait to finnaly drive it :D

Brought Nov 2004

17" Wheels

No Tax

12 Months MOT

MP3 CD Player

Exhaust.

UK History

Appart from that stock

£2800

...it's BOUGHT not brought!!!! :ffs:

sorry if my spelling is not upto standard :(

I bought mine a year ago for 2k

91 Rev 1 N/a mint condition....looked like this then...

568586_2_full.jpg

Looks like this now....

568586_42_full.jpg