Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What To Look For When Buying

Ramjamband

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and would like your help. I am currently looking to buy a 2.0 litre Celica in the £6K region. I was wondering if you would help me out with a few pointers on what to look for, i.e. problem areas that need careful inspection. I have never owned a performance car although my eldest son is a Golf Mk 2 GTI freak!! The car will be mainly driven by my wife to replace her Punto(New shape). I am currentley driving a Laguna 2.0 company car, so will use the Celica at weekends if she will let me.

Cheers for now and keep it shiny side up!

Hello to you Ramjamband and welcome to TOC.

I have a '91 Celica GT and a couple of things I would say to look out for are:

Clutch: I bought my car when it had 50,000 on the clock and the dealer put a new clutch in for me just in case as part of the buying deal. I then did 110,000 miles before that clutch died.

Tyres: Front especially. Can be expensive to replace from around £65 up to £150 a piece so watch for wear.

I would say more but I really can't because my car has just run great. The only other problems I,ve had was to replace the alternator after 120,000 miles. New Battery. And new drivers seat when it literally snapped and wouldn't lock upright.

You are looking at a very solid, tasty car which should give you and your wife many miles and years of good driving.

Good Luck my friend.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links