Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will They Fit?

immy1

hi,

just asking a question for my brother. will 19'' alloys fit on a celica gt-4 (st185) or will they rub and cause problems, if so like what?

hes thinking of getting a st205 soon and wanted to know if he can take the wheels onto that aswell.(i.e when he sells the st185-will the same wheels fit the st205 gt4?)

thanks guys :thumbsup:

p.s has anyone got any pics of a celica on 19s (either st185 ot st205)?

I have 16" gen7 alloys on my st182 and they fit fine. I can't tell any difference in ride quality, but cornering feels slightly better. I wouldn't want to go any bigger than 17"s though. I am guessing here, but I suspect you will have problems getting anything wider than 7" to fit (I am still talking wheels here ;) ).

i'm quite certain they will not fit without major work on the arches and they will ruing the cars ride and performance! is it really worth it?

ive got a gen 7 and got 18's on that! its a good comprimise cos i got style with comfort and performance! 17's or maybe 18's but i would stick with 17's and drop her slightly! :)

Be very VERY careful. The main problem you will have will indeed be handling related. I had 215/40 profile tyres on 17" rims and it was a nightmare on anything less than bowling green smooth roads. Got 225/45s on now and it`s only marginally better.

If you go to 18 or even 19 inch rims you will be looking at 35 profile tyres and thats going to cause massive loss of ride quality and handling problems as well. Also. Width is an issue. You wont be able to go wider than 225 without using spacers on the ST185 or you`ll end up fouling the inner wings at the back.

Of course it is entirely your decision but as Cookci pointed out it`ll look cr@p as well as the other things. In fact i`m thinking of going back down to a 16" rim just for the ride quality.

Good luck. :)

I've got 17's on my Gen 6 with 215 x 45 tyres and standard suspension. The ride, handling and acceleration are still very good. But 19's would surely need tyres with a wall height of 35 which would just be painful over bumps!

thanks guys,

looks like it'll be 17s then!

he was gettin the 19s cheap but wanted to know if they'd be worth fitting to the gt4.

will let him know.

thanks again guys :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links