Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1992 Camry Audio System Details

suchit

I have a 1992 Toyota Camry LE 2.2L 4-Cylinder Automatic with the standard tape/AM/FM radio that comes with it. I want to add a CD player under it. There seems to be an empty location for just under the tape unit. I dont know the size of it, and would like to figure out the size of it, so that I can then figure out which CD units will fit in there. Can anyone describe how I would figure out the specifics of it?

I have the same problem (see topic in list below this). I ahve soem excelent responses from Steve Ratcliffe and it appears that the unit is a "double DIN" size and is common on Japanese cars. I have carried out a cursory search on interenet and there seem to be Sony double DIN replacement CD/tuner/tape units for sale at around £200 - £300. I don't know if these will be a straight swap, but I am awaiting a response from Steve who was going to speak to his audio supplier - keep an eye on the thread.

so whats in the space at the mo?

i have a double din setting in mine, but the bottom piece is just covered up with a plastic plate reding toyota...

two options u got:

1, get urselves a double din headunit which can be supplied from the likes of sony. pioneer also do one where the screen changes illumination like those funky river island signs.... im pretty sure kenwood do one too.

2, the better option if u ask me is to get a single din head unit of your choice and for the other half, you can get an adaptor tray for about 15pounds. it will convert the space into a bit of storage for coins or whatever... cds.

most jap cars do this, u got nothin to worry about.

sony do a straight swap double din which will fit straight in when you have removed your original unit toyota also do a single disc cd player which is a standard size unit this goes under the radio and just plugs into your headunit only drawback is the price from your dealer just make sure you r sitting down when you ask. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links