Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ok I'm A Numbty!

spacedhopper

I thought well its bank holiday monday, so i'll clean my Yaris. Cleaning the inside and decided to scrub the bit of perspex over the speedo dial and clever me has scratched it!! Now i feel like i'm drunk when i look at it becuase its all blurry!! Two questions how much are these little bits of plaggy and more importantly are they easy enough to refit? Oh and while i'm on the subject of asking questions does anybody else notice a slight knocking sound coming from the driver's side door at high speeds? One final question, i have noticed two of my alloys are slightly corroded, the car is in warrenty, am i within my rights to ask for new ones, does this count as "normal wear and tear"?

Laters :)

try and T-Cut the plastic or use Brasso... rub in a circular motion and it may take the scratches out

Demo a bit first! I dont wanna be blamed if it goes worse... but i have found it works on other plastics.

You think T-cut or Brasso will work on clear perspex? I'm a bit dubious, but thanks anyway.

Strange though it may seem it should work. Many years ago when Vinyl LPs were all the rage using Brasso was the recommended solution for removing scratches from the plastic covers on turntables - including the Linn Sondek LP12 which even now is still considered to be one of the best available.

Ye mate i had the same problem with my alloys and yes they are covered under the warrenty,its a good job cause there something stupid like £220 pound each.

TCut is ace... any cutting compund will remove scratches

I have used it on a watch face to remove scratches and my plastic headlight covers which worked a dream and saved me £320

I have even heard people using smokers toothpaste!

Its not your fault for cleaning it ... mine is under 6 months old and the plastic is already scratched around the push button and thats just my fingers... i think they chose the wrong material as my 20 year old golf does not have this problem

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links