Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sneak Preview Of The Paint

MSC_Kev

The camera doesn't do the paint justice and believe me, looks nothing like the standard blue, people attending the jap show will see just how cool this paint is, hope it's sunny as then it will look even better :)

post-41-54439-DCP01981.JPG

I'm currently putting the car back together as and when I can for the show on sunday, it's been a long six weeks but in that time the install has come a long way and of course the respray.

Kev

house of kolor Kandy cobalt blue....

TOP MAN....

can i ask who painted it ? i need someone to lay kandy/patterns and flake on my buick but finding someone with experience in kandy is hard work

this is the same with patterns in the base and mini flake...;)

P1010040.JPG

The car is finished! :thumbsup:

Put the last pieces of the trim and bodykit on this morning and all it needs now is more polishing and rubbing down and it will roll out of the bodyshop tomorrow morning!

Steve better give me a decent discount as I put the majority if not all of the car back together, so you could say I'm very familiar with how the corolla bolts together now lol!

I'll be finishing off the install with Mark at Barwell tomorrow, the amp rack needs some finishing touches, then it's for some fibreglass and covering,

It will need a damn good clean inside for the show on sunday, pics to follow

One very happy Kev :yes:

I'm impressed just by the pictures, looking forward to Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

When you going to post the fully finished photos Kev? I have the red equivilent 5 door version of your car. It's nice to see what potential my own has, lol.

Looking good from what we seen of it so far :thumbsup:

You done anything to the interior at all? The up/down lock tabs on my doors can rattle and squeek a bit sometimes which I can hear if im not playing any music which is a real pain. Do you have that problem at all?

There was a thread in general I made up, but the images were not great as my camera is playing up and the morning due was on the car, when I took the photo's.

I'm taking it over to the bodyshop on Friday to polish it up some more as it was rushed out of the bodyshop for the JAPSHOW at santa pod and was not finished, the bonnet will be re-done as Steve isn't happy with it as well ( good chap :) )

I'll post up some new photo's soon.

Kev :)

You done anything to the interior at all? The up/down lock tabs on my doors can rattle and squeek a bit sometimes which I can hear if im not playing any music which is a real pain. Do you have that problem at all?

Nothing done to the interior as yet, have a few plans but nothing will get done until after christmas now.

Regarding your door panels, I have no problems with this, but using some flashing tape or dynamat will help with the rattles and more then likely stop it ratteling

they are indeed very good and do work very well, if set up properly will work against any form of laser gun!

Definately a good investment in my opinion, really drivers should be aware enough not to be caught out by gasto's, being bright yellow and usually visiable from a long distance, however police with laser guns can hide themselves well and vans aren't always easy to spot either and this takes care of both the hand held and the laser guns in the vans.

click me

Available from June 1st, Performance Products have released the ALL NEW Snooper SLD920 laser diffuser.

The SLD920 has quite literally been redesigned from the inside out providing even greater protection than ever before.

The SLD920 now incorporates improved high powered LED output, an LED indicator providing a visual alert as well as a new high volume piezo bleeper providing the audible alert.

SLD920 Features include:

Designed to detect & diffuse most laser guns Normal trade discounts apply

2 x transponders each with integrated laser detection & diffuser

Transmitter type: 2 x 8 IR specially manufactured

diffusing diodes

Detector type: 2 x 3 IR specially manufactured photo

diode with amplifier

Microprocessor with stealth diffusing technology

Operating wavelength: 904 nanometers

Transponder dimensions: 100mm x 50mm x 18mm

95dB Audible Alert

Discreet Remote Install

2 Year Warranty

I have them fitted to the front, but after looking at the rear of the car and finding no real good position to fit my 2nd pair I maybe selling my second set for 200, let me know if you want them, brand new in the box and I have also put some industrial strength fitting tape on them ready to be fitted.

If not I'll be sticking them on eBay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links