Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T-sport Maximum Speeds Per Gear

camiel22

Hi..

just 'arrived' at this forum.. i am from Holland (anyone else??)

I own a corolla G6R (1999) at the moment.. but will change it ASAP for a corolla TS..

can u tell me the maximum speeds per gear...

also.. i read some 50-80 / 80-120 km/h test for the corolla TS..

but they are done in 3/4th gear (50-80) and 4/5th gear (80-120).. I think (cause the TS gets it best performances in higher rpm)

it will be faster in lower gears???? anyone did some tests?? for example 50-80 in 2nd gear?? etc, etc...

:D thanks!!!

yeah, you would use 2nd gear for 50-80 (kmh) and 3rd gear for 80-120... i dont know the times, but its fast ;-)

here is the quote from some greek mag that gramacar quoted:

0-100 : 7.5sec

0-160 : 18 sec

80-110 (3rd gear) : 4.4 sec

80-110 (4rth gear) : 5.6 sec

110-140 (4rth gear) : 7 sec

110-140 (5th gear) : 9 sec

Top speed : 223 km/h

max speed in each gear is in the hand book

for 2ZZ-GE engine :

gear speed

1 39 mph (64)

2 61 mph (99)

3 85 mph (137)

4 108 mph (175)

5 137 mph (222)

6 too fast (not listed)

(I wish i lived in Gremany to try them out)

that would be interesting is how long it takes to reach 137 MPH so if you can try it out

B) THANKS...

I live next to Germany..so after i bought may corolla TS.. i know where to go .. :D

Do u actually win time by lowering the car and by putting 'bigger' wheels under it?? it seems very popular on this forum to do so... :P

my experience with bigger wheels is that it slows down the acceleration and increases the max. speed??

or do you only 'win time' in corners??

And what about the speed counter ??bad english..sorry??) on your dashboard ..when u use bigger wheels..isnt the counter distorted or something????? as in.. it looks like u go 100.. but its atually much

faster?

Hi camiel,

I fitted the bigger wheels on my when I purchased it, as a review of tyres in a car mag, used the TSport with 17's fitted, all the test drivers had previously driven the car with 16's, everyone of them remarked on how much better the TSport handled with 17's fitted, I had 2 long test drives in TSport before making my purchase and each time a drove it on roads I knew well, I had TC and VSC bleeping and flashing quite a lot, when I got my car (and after 1500 miles I drove it on the same route as before, it was much quicker around this route. Now having fitted TTE springs, it is quicker still, not due to speed or performance but increased handling, and now I hardly ever get TC and VSC going (well not quite true, but know when the come on I'm really pushing the car through the bends, and loving it). :ph34r:

Hope my opinion helps; I'm not a tech head, just an enthusiastic driver. :D :D :D

thanks for ur answer jake.... i am also not a tech head.. :unsure:

Anyway... i just would like to know more about this car before i buy it.. 8-)

So... do i have to be afraid that when i don't mod it i.e. with springs (what maybe be possible if my toyota dealer doesnt support these things..??) that i can't enjoy this car,.. or is that a bit overexaggerated...

with other words.. can i still get a great feel when i hit those 6000+ revs when i drive the factory car without mods??? :huh: one would say i still would?? :P

hi camiel,

had i not joined TOC and read these posts about lowering the TS, I would be driving round in a stock TS, with no mods and very happy, yes I noticed some upper body roll when cornering, (but you have to consider, that on most of my previous cars, I would always be happy to get any thing over 7500 miles from my front tyres, yes I like to know a car has a fast top end, but the fun comes fro going through the bends fast,) but I drive a little quicker than the average motorist, and especially like the twist and turns, anyone can go quick in a straight line, I took a Civic type R, Seat Cupra, out for test drives, I had a Focus ST170 for a very short time, and they all had their own ride charateristic, but I really liked the TSport, as it not only handles very well, but always feels safe and comfortable,

So if you want that little bit extra from you TS, lower it, but no I don't think you'll be dissapointed if you don't beside's unless you can try one that has been lowered how will you know what you may be missing out on :D :lol: :D

All the above is just my simple opinion, no expert, just know what I like.