Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Performance Parts

badfx

hello

i've had my 2.0l gt 1996 celica for 2 years now and i love it but get a bit bored with the power and could do with a little extra. i don't want a gt4 cos there ugly and i aint intrested in the supra. i just wanna keep my car but add bits maybe.

so the question is what parts, does the ram air induction filter make any diffrence or a super chip or any thing else you have tried and got some opinions on would be helpful.

thanks

I got bored with the power of my GT (after about a month :D ), Fitted a K+N induction kit with the air scoop which mounts under the bumper - gave a nice growl and removed the flatspot at 4.5K BUT i felt that it had lost drivablility + power at the top end so took the KN off and put the airbox back on (+ extra hole in the bottom for air scoop) with a HKS panel filter in, bit more noise than stock and seems to rev easier.

As far as chipping goes i think the only decent one is a Unichip (about £450), not sure about gains though....

Unichip is superb, svaing the money for mine although at the bottom of my list, too many toys wanted !!

Have sen different setups Turbo / NA etc and the gains are superb, it also increases fuel economy as welll as performance and de-limits the car so an all round star :)

Of course the Unichip is only as good as the installation engineer (millway are reknown for being superb)

Quite tempted by a Unichip but i'll probably wait till later in the year, trying to make up my mind whether to fit HKS cams+ Manifold, best idea to get it all setup at once eh?

If your seriously cponsidering getting the UNichip I would recommend getting all other engine modifications done first as you would have to get the chip re-mapped after you have done any other works which incurs more expenditure....

Defintely worth the investment but get all other jobs out the way first....

Just my 2p

right then i'll give the hks panel filter a go to start with. where do i get one from and the best price. do any peticular sort of spark plug make a diffrence? nobodys mention anything that www.fensport.co.uk sell, so is that stuff not up to much?

For the MR2 Fensport is a superb company for parts and techincal work, I've had the pleasure of driving a MK1 SC they upgraded and everything about the car was finished superbly...

I was also looking into the possibility to buy camshafts and pulleys for my Celica. There are HKS cams and Jun cams available. I am trying to get prices but they are on the high side.

Power gains depend on the cams specs but should be in the region of 25bhp! With the unichip or SMT6 this could go up to 40bhp! Quite nice, at which point I will definately need an LSD (actually I already need it now with 190bhp)...

so your already gettin 190bhp from a celica 2.ol gt. how? what you using already and were did you get your bits from

A freind of mine runs a tuned Evo4 rs with HKS inlet cam and Jun exhaust cam, he was advised to do this by a Mitsubishi tuning company, not sure if im brave enough to try this, Certainly does the trick for him tho!!

It has an HKS panel filter and Custom exhaust without cat and dynoed 141kw.

It is an import so I do not know about the ECU, but it looks standard.

Also have a Caldina ST216 clutch disk and Camry V6 pressure plate, + lightened flywheel.

There are little mods you can get for an N.A engine. There are the standard things such as air filter kit (blitz and K&N do the best filter kits for celica) and Exhaust system. Mostly these will just make throttle response better. Unichip kits are a good idea and something I'm looking into, but they cost between 400 and five hundred to fit and the gains arent that huge (about 8-10bhp). cams are also a good idea but gains aren't that much.

You can go silly and get NOS induction kit, not as dangerous as some think check out the link http://www.noswizard.com/faq.php

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links