Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Warning Lights Staying On (mr2 Turbo)

swales_p

Ok, this has just happend. Two days ago, my fan belt started screaming at me AGAIN!!! so i was holding out till tomorow - saturday, so i could take it down to my local garage and get it tightend up for the second time. (Does anyone else find there fan belt becomes slack on a regular basis?)

Anyway, on my way home, the fan belt (still screaming at me :ffs: ) finially stops only for the lights on the left hand side - Battery and the one directly to its right, and on the right hand side, the light in the top middle, to come on and stay on.

Once this happend i pulled the car over, turned it off, re started it and they still stayed on.

Also, my turbo timer - this still working, now doesnt on automatic as no matter how much i use the turbo, the timer still stays on 0. :blink: Its still turned on by the way.

The car is running fine, no loss of boost etc etc so im kinda hopeing its just a fuse but seeing as it raining i carnt really go out and check.

Any ideas??????

Cheers :thumbsup:

alternator belt, screaming = alternator not spinning = not charging the Battery = warning lights eventually Battery will die and car won't move

Mr2s don't have fan belts :)

So do you think once the belt has been tightened it will sove all the problems?

You can tighten it till it snaps bud but at the end of the day there may be a reason its screaming at you , have you considered its slipping and may need changing... maybe the grips are not as they used to be

Awey boys, im in desperate need of help here!!! :ffs:

Any ideas on what on earth it could be, OR has midmotorsteve answerd the question correctly.

sorry Blooduk, i sent that reply just after you added to the post.

Why would the hazard lights stay on then? Also - turbo timer, why isnt this working, or is it due to a lower current being sent by via the Battery.

Also consider that there may be something wrong with the alternator such as a bearing going. This can cause the screaching, and make it harder for the alternator to spin, which can make the belt slip too. If you have light comming on, it suggests that the car is not obtaining the required amount of power. This happened to me when I (ahem) forgot to reconnect the alternator after some work. The car was fine for a bit, but eventually the ABS light came on and the radio stopped working, as the Battery ran out of it reserve power. The car shortly after ground to a halt. Lack of power will play havok with electrical circuits and confuses the hell out of computer systems

Also consider that there may be something wrong with the alternator such as a bearing going. This can cause the screaching, and make it harder for the alternator to spin, which can make the belt slip too. If you have light comming on, it suggests that the car is not obtaining the required amount of power. This happened to me when I (ahem) forgot to reconnect the alternator after some work. The car was fine for a bit, but eventually the ABS light came on and the radio stopped working, as the Battery ran out of reserve power. The car shortly after ground to a halt. Lack of power will play havok with electrical circuits and confuses the hell out of computer systems

All fixed!!! :D

I took me motor to the garage and they found that the alternator belt had completely snapped. Anyway, £45 later, i had a new belt, fitted and all warning lights had dissapeard and me MR2 was running as sweet as ever. I was probably ripped off for this work done on my car, BUT (correct me if im wrong here!!) dont you find these cars are HELL to work on.

:thumbsup:

All fixed!!! :D

I took me motor to the garage and they found that the alternator belt had completely snapped. Anyway, £45 later, i had a new belt, fitted and all warning lights had dissapeard and me MR2 was running as sweet as ever. I was probably ripped off for this work done on my car, BUT (correct me if im wrong here!!) dont you find these cars are HELL to work on.

:thumbsup:

£45 for piece of mind.. cant knock it mate..

Congrats on getting it sorted.. bet your chuffed... :thumbsup: