Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I?

Oli

I'm thinking of having the cat pipe removed and having a straight though pipe fitted for extra power?

Does £80 sound ok? (using the standard TS system)

Will i notice any difference?

What will Toyota say? They seamed OK with the Blitz kit.

Thanks in advance.

de-catting should have no bearing on what Toyota think unless it causes a direct problem to something that then may invalidate you warrenty (ie. you change bulbs that melt your headlamps - they will not replace the headlamps as they can prove the bulbs YOU changed caused the issue).

The only thing to be aware of is MOT time... you will probably fail if this is your only cat. our IS200's have 2 pre-cats and one main cat... without the pre-cats, we can still pass the mot. for the main cat, I will probably keep my original so that I can put it on for the mot and then swap it back out again...

And yes - it WILL make a difference....

Zee.

Hi oli About the cat pipe well its up to you really just as long as you put it back before you go for a mot. As without it you will surely fail your mot.

As for power gains you will be looking at about 5 - 8 bhp gains i think? Together with a performance exhaust box you should really notice a difference in performance and the sound together with your blitz induction kit you will be looking at about 120bhp :D

As for toyota they are not going to be very happy about this. This will make your warranty void on the whole of the exhaust system and maybe the engine as well. You could always get a sport cat. But some people say that they are really expensive. That way you still have a cat on your car?

jerry!!

thanks for the feedback.

i think i'll get it ripped off soon. I want more power but i don't want to spend loads of money at the same time. My MOT is 30th May 04 so i haven't got to worry for a bit anyway.

I'll keep you informed ;)

What about LAMBDA , isnt it usually mounted in CAT?

What's a LAMBDA mate?

I'm forgetting about the cat replacement pipe. Just going for the full system.

Getting it fitted tomorrow @ £320

Full SS system without cat and a 4in jap style backbox

:ph34r:

erm you will defo need a cat when it comes to MOT time so make sure the new zorst has a cat pipe with it

Yeah there taking all the original piping off and replacing the lot.

So i'll just swap the system over then needed.

would it be worth getting it rolling road tuned after? or does the ECU just adjust it's self OK anyway?

the ecu will re learn you driving habits... would recomend disconecting the Battery for 5 minutes so it can start a fresh.

dan

Oli:LAMBDA sensor=>

......The so called lambda sensor is an exhaust gas oxygen sensor which is utilized in motor vehicles with three-way catalysts for the reduction of pollutants in the exhaust gas. It monitors the concentration of oxygen in the exhaust gas in order to keep the air-fuel ratio within tight limits, close to the optimum catalyst efficiency which is at the stochiometric ratio for complete combustion of about 14.7 kg air per 1 kg gasoline....

removing Lambda could cause problems....I think...

Oli:LAMBDA sensor=>

......The so called lambda sensor is an exhaust gas oxygen sensor which is utilized in motor vehicles with three-way catalysts for the reduction of pollutants in the exhaust gas. It monitors the concentration of oxygen in the exhaust gas in order to keep the air-fuel ratio within tight limits, close to the optimum catalyst efficiency which is at the stochiometric ratio for complete combustion of about 14.7 kg air per 1 kg gasoline....

removing Lambda could cause problems....I think...

couldn't have explained it better myself........ ;)

and yes, it would cause problems if removed..... you should be able to get a de-catted pipe that still allows fitment for the lambda sensor.... :ph34r:

the full system is on with the sensors still mounted. all working good so far. (fingers cross)