Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Cts Arriving Friday, What To Check?

mtbjeff

Hi everyone,

My new Corolla T-Sport arrives this friday. It seems between me ordering the car and it being delivered that there have been loads of posts from peopl with problems with facelifted cars :o

So, what should I be looking for during my inspection before I sign for the car? (Apart from 4 wheels, engine, T sport logo etc!)

Thanks!

I've done 480 miles in my new TS and as yet no problems, no rattles and I'm totally chuffed, the car to me feels way nicer than the prefacelift TS i road tested, by nicer I mean quieter and I personally think it looks better as well....

Yep 2 bikes, 2 people, all the gear no problems, except it makes my new car smell... :(

I was in a real dilemma about cars especially after reading things on this forum but you got to bear in mind you only hear bad things on forums, i haven't had mine long so I may get problems but so far i'm totally stoked with this car....

mtbjeff,

Check the right Corolla manual is in the glove box. As it took me several goes to get the right one.

Pb5 :blink:

Hi everyone,

So, what should I be looking for during my inspection before I sign for the car? (Apart from 4 wheels, engine, T sport logo etc!)

Thanks!

Check:

Rims/tyres for damage.

Look along body for any dents/cresses/scratches.

Bumpers for same.

Upholstery for tears/burns.

Handbook.

Any extras are fitted and working.

Mileage, including trip.

New Tax disc.

If you are part exchanging, remove all your belongings form car including tax disc.

Make sure you get the nice leather key fobs for all your keys! I did and they are really nice, a new one on the spare sets :thumbsup:

In all fairness you shouldn’t have a problem, enjoy ;)

And one more thing - how do you make sure that no toyota mechanics race your car round the shop's neighborhood?

CTS is a very rare car here, and it looks like mine will be the first one! I'm afraid they might get interested in it!!!!

Well, so far, so good :-D

Car arrived with 3 miles on the clock, and by chance I was following the delivery guys all the way from the garage to when they dropped it off to me.

Now running it in fairly gently for the first 1200 miles.

Forgot to say, took the car round the block for a first drive and a massive bird crapped on the car.

I had to clean almost all of the panels! bonnet, windscreen, roof, side windows, rear hatch!

Is this lucky?!

Jeff I ran mine in for 800 miles and I'm still letting it warm up properly but I've booted it a few times now and i'm really impressed, no rattles, very quiet except when you hit 6000 rpm upwards, and its getting 32-34 mpg average, totally stoked.

My garage told me to run it in for 1000 miles but I got bored waiting, they did actually tell me that as long as you warm it up properly and don't stress the engine to much as in slamming it down the gears, labouring it on the uphills then it will be fine without running it in, I've literally revved it up to 7500 (I feel guilty anymore than that at the moment).

I also tested the brakes out yesterday (due to a numpty pulling out) and when you really stand on them they are also very impressive.

I'm having the windows tinted tomorrow although I can't get the front ones done (against the law)... :ffs:

The engine management wont let you go into high revs without the engine being thouroughly warm ( I think) so you wont be able to get into lift before then.

Run her in nicely you will appreciate it later (unless you only planning on keeping it for 2 years) also engine wont start to loosen properly till around 7-8000 at least.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links