Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Engine Can I Fit To My 1.0 Vvt

CAMSHAFT

LADS I JUST FINISHED PUTTING A KIT ON MY YARIS, A TTE FRONT SPOILER, TTE BACK BOX, SKIRTS,TTE BOOT SPOILER, T-SPORT REAR SPOILER, LOWER -30MM, OZ I5", M3 MIRRORS AND A FEW MORE BITS AND BOBS, IM NOW NEED A LITTLE MORE POWER THAN THE 1.0, HAS ANYONE DONE MUCH LIKE HKS TURBO ON THE 1.0 OR CHANGED ENGINES ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. O YEA A LITTLE MAD BUT I HAVE A 1.8 VVTL-I IN THE SHED

O YEA A LITTLE MAD BUT I HAVE A 1.8 VVTL-I IN THE SHED

:o :blink: :) Good luck with that..

No-one's done a transplant yet, at least i dont think. One or two turbo's on the forum..

*Yawn* Off to bed..

i remember seein a pic of a 1.8 celica engine in a yaris. i beleive it was the one with the "activa" bodykit.

It was extremely crammed though and io also remember reading that its not quite possible without major re-location of stuff in your engine bay.

i think jaxx had looked around for a replacement engine, maybe he'll shed some light when he drops along :)

and you may need to graft the Yaris ECu and the 1.8 ECu together, 'cos the Yaris' does all sorts from the windows to the guages and central locking!

There was a 1.8 in Yaris, but it was so tight that many people thought it was photoshopped! It had custom-made driveshafts and goodness knows how the gearbox fitted in!

I've seen that pic too, 190bhp sounds good in a yaris - but it's most likely you'll need an LSD as well... don't forget that the 1.8lump is probably going to be alot heavier than what the yaris is designed for as well.

With enough money you can do it, but you'd be wise to consider much more rigid suspension, bigger brakes, etc, etc... don't forget the daftly large insurance cost either!

Perhaps you'd be best off going for a turbo, it'd probably give you similar performance to a tsport and you wouldnt have to get into changing brake discs and all that other nonsense.

:)

yep thats the pic we've been on about.

but as said earlier theres probably way too many problems for this to be done.... not to mention the weight increase in the front of the car!

i'd say try get a 1.5 t-sport engine innit, or even better import a 1.5turbo from jap land. again you'll need quite a few upgrades to do this (brakes etc...)

so i say ure best off whacking a turbo on the 1L, shuold give u similar performance to a t-sport i beleive??!!

or just sell n buy a t-sport

it would have been nice, i`ve tried a good few tuners over here to see if they would fit it, only one would do it, but i would have to leave a blank cheque.

no but i`m serious thinking of a hks turbo, i know tdi can supply kits is there any else, any one had it done.

dont think anyone's put a turbo on the 1L here... doesnt make much sense really... seems to be wiser to just get a tsport or a tsport engine.

coiincidently i just found a contact who can get me a 1.5 turbo engine down from jappy... insurance would kill me though so i'll have to wait another year with what i have. :)

dont think anyone's put a turbo on the 1L here... doesnt make much sense really... seems to be wiser to just get a tsport or a tsport engine.

coiincidently i just found a contact who can get me a 1.5 turbo engine down from jappy... insurance would kill me though so i'll have to wait another year with what i have. :)

Yaris WRC did it, did he not? In his old 1.0L. Apparently it managed to get T-Sport kind of speeds. Pushing 100bhp.

LADS THE REASON I`VE THE 1.0 IS CAUSE I GOT IT FOR F-ALL, I`M OPEN TO SUGGESTION ON POWER, I KNOW I CAN GET ABOUT 100BHP FROM THE 1.0 WITH A TURBO, I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ABOUT ANY OTHER POWER UPGRADES.ILL TAKE A FEW PIC`S THIS EVENING AND STICK THEM UP TOMORROW

How much is a 1.5 t-sport engine gonna set you back though? Not worth considering?

LADS I JUST FINISHED PUTTING A KIT ON MY YARIS, A TTE FRONT SPOILER, TTE BACK BOX, SKIRTS,TTE BOOT SPOILER, T-SPORT REAR SPOILER, LOWER -30MM, OZ I5", M3 MIRRORS AND A FEW MORE BITS AND BOBS, IM NOW NEED A LITTLE MORE POWER THAN THE 1.0, HAS ANYONE DONE MUCH LIKE HKS TURBO ON THE 1.0 OR CHANGED ENGINES ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. O YEA A LITTLE MAD BUT I HAVE A 1.8 VVTL-I IN THE SHED

hey there, welcome, got any pics of your motor?

capslock.jpg

:thumbsup:

capslock.jpg

:lol::thumbsup::lol:

STOP SHOUTING!

capslock.jpg

:lol: was just about to say that :lol:

a yaris t-sport engine will cost £800 from a breakers yard, that doesnt include gearbox though.

other engine conversions possible are

starlet turbo 1.3L

corolla 1.6L 4AGE engine

then as suggested you could import a t-sport turbo engine but god knows who would insure that.

i did have a turbo on my 1.0L it was fast but not worth the hassle. you need new ECu etc to get it working right which costs £1700 on top of turbo and fitting.

then you could get forged pistons for £900 and con rods for £1200 :thumbsup:

then consider a stronger gearbox as i bust my 1.0L while doing a standing start :lol:

you could have a 180hp 1.0L for about another £7000 all in ontop of buyin the car.

how much did it cost ya altogether wrc??I was thinking of getting a loan in a few years and getting a turbo for my 1L as Ive lots of mods already on this car and I wont get it back if I sell...does the starlet 1.3 turbo fit in ??didnt know that and how much would that cost altogether?

hmm... there is one Yaris here in Iceland that has around 180bhp... it has some other Toyota engine installed - not sure if it's a 1.6L from a Corolla GTi or a 2.0L from a Celica... it's a rally car...

will try to find some more info and post it here...