Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Not Working

wolf2

Hi,

I had to get my windscreen replaced, but once it was replaced my radio/cassette player lost sound even though I can turn it on and change radio station etc.

All working fine except no sound coming out of Speakers (Standard Factory Speakers).

Now I have taken out the dash and checked all connections and fuses but still no sound coming from the Speakers.

I took it back to the garage and they said that its not their problem. And they said that the radio/cassette might be knackered, but as I'm out of warranty I can't take it back to Toyota. (3 1/2 years of no problems and the first time I take it to a garage and they mess my car up).

So I'm going to try and fix it myself.

The one thing that I haven't checked is the aerial connection in the roof, but until I check this does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can try.

I've just noticed too that the very odd time I hear a little bit of something coming through the Speakers but then it stops again.

Any suggestions please!

I wouldn't go checkin the ariel connection just yet if u haven't tried a tape! Try 1 of them and see if u get any sound!

If u don't i've got no idea! :thumbsup:

i`ve checked it out it is possible that he cut the ariel, but do as said already and try a tape/CD first, then get an old ariel from an old car and connected it up ro see if that is the problom first before taking the whole apart, apart from that, sorry new radio

forgot to ask but are you even getting static through the Speakers :unsure:

Not usually, but the very odd time I get a very very bad reception and I can only hear this when the volume is turned up the highest.

Hiya,

just a little idea which u can try. If u have already checked the connections at the back of the radio, y don't u test the pins out with a small speaker which u can get for a low cost or u can get from a toy etc...u c what i mean.

U will then know whether the radio is faulty or the Speakers...

Hope this helps

Best of luck :thumbsup:

Ismael

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links