Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking About A Glanza

corollasr

hey all,

once i come abck from canada i'm gonna be looking for soemthing new. dont really want muhc of a hike in insraunce from the rolla so was thinking of the most recent starlet/glanza turbo

just wondering what sorta perforamnce you get, insurance group, good points/bad points and all such info

cheers

ed

Not had a turbo but i was really happy with my starlet and if joe's corolla hadnt have come along i would have turbo'd it....but if i were you id go for a glanza and after seeing some down at pod on sunday i have fallen in love with them even more they are awsome!!!

Think they are 130-140bhp standard (correct me if im wrong)

And they go like !Removed! of a shovell (sp?)!!!

Think the insurance is a bit steap with them being imports though...well it was for me, but depends on your circumstances i guess im sure one of the glanza owners will sort you out with some hard facts...but go for it :thumbsup:

Well if you can get one insured at group 10/11 then my hat goes off to you, every insurance company i spoke to rated it as group 17/18 :(

Well if you can get one insured at group 10/11 then my hat goes off to you, every insurance company i spoke to rated it as group 17/18 :(

Surely not!!??

Are tubby's not around that group??

I cant see them being group 10-11 because they are an import for starters and they are turbo'd....but if they are then respect and il go cry in a corner!!! :crybaby:

Yep about right there is no group for these cars read the topic pinned above on insurance ring round and get some quotes they aint cheap at all.

They are very quick and quite easy to tune but parts are expensive, very expensive. To give you some idea have a look on the fensport site.

Getting one now is becoming harder and harder as there has been no modle report done for the cars after 96 and the 96's ones need to be bog standard to get through the SVA.

Any more questions?

Simon

if they'll insure a 19 year old on one at a reasonable price i'll start saving today!!

i got caned with £1450 for my 1.3i last year!!!

completely standard you understand, (cough) :rolleyes:

Rich.

you'll have to fork up around £3000, maybe less if you have a couple years ncb

they were the kind of prices i was getting when i enquired

I got told I could only take pass plus within the first year of driving.

yeah thats true, and if you take it and pass it - you only got something like 30 days to send off your certificate other wise it becomes invalid and you loose your money :hokus-pokus:

I recieved a quote of £1616 TPFT if i put the turbo engine in my starlet cd !!! Obviously the engine being standard :P Thats with NO ncb,a years experiance,pass plus and a cat1. Just you wait till feburary (insurance is up) :thumbsup:

Hi

I'm also 19 and i have been quoted £1500 on a glanza, it took them a while to

come back to me with a quote though as it wasn't on their systems. That quote

was with Chris Knott insurance being 19 with 1 NCB and pass plus under my belt,

it is certainly higher than group 14 as my XR4x4 2.9 V6 was group 14 and that only cost £1000 to insure. So i bet your lookin at about group 17/18 easy. Thats why i'm gonna wait till i'm 20 and then get one.

Does anybody know any 1/4 mile times for them???

Tony

So i bet your lookin at about group 17/18 easy.

Well they sure as hell aint group 17/18 bud. I found insurance for a similar amount that I was paying for an RT Clio (1.4). Insurance varies due to it being an Import and no one having a clue what the hell they are.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links