Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Positive Comments About The Cts

exon16m

RULES:

1. Only positive coments only from people who have had real driving experiance in the CTS

2. No comparisons to other cars.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecanadian

• SKG

• bzn

• The Gooner

Well i dont want to sound rude but them rules are crap! This is a pointless post if you can only give good feedback about the CTS!

That is mainly because there is not enough good things to say about them! (Sorry but thats my own opinion, but everyone has different taste and needs!) So if you love them, then respect to you! ;)

The main thing i would say is that the VVTL-i needs bringing down to kick in at about 4500rpm! Would be more usable and torque'y! :)

well before this gets off topic i will start:

It has four wheels and a spare in the boot that is an alloy not a crapy limited distance spare.

1. Only positive coments only from people who have had real driving experiance in the CTS

The good thing about my CTS is that it starts, so tomorrow I can drive it to the dealer to have the clutch replaced for the forth time ;)

tx

Actually I was super chuffed to find a proper spare wheel and a michelin tyre, fair play to toyota that is a place they could have saved a bit of cash.

I've now had this car 2 weeks done 600 miles so far totally trouble free, and its returning me 32-34 mpg which is pretty good although not as good as my yaris, and i'm sure it will drop as soon as i've finished running it in.

I'm getting used to the handling as well and the tyres even feel grippier than they did nearly made myself dizzy at the local main roundabout tonight.

I was reading the post that Nick had put on with the spec of the engine and its actually quite a trick piece of kit, and it also answers a few questions why they made the motor a 1.8 and no bigger...

The main thing i would say is that the VVTL-i needs bringing down to kick in at about 4500rpm! Would be more usable and torque'y! :)

you can change VVTL-i kick with apexi :yes:

Treuno - It would be pointless kicking the lift in any sooner. Think of it like a bomb. The more pressure created when ignited the bigger the bang. ie. more force. You see, when the lift kicks in its adding more 'fuel to the fire' at an optimal pressure point. Any sooner and it would be useless...you would just eat fuel and go no where. The simplest way for toyota to increase torque (without a Supercharger or Turbo) is to increase the bore size/capacity. ie. 1.9 or 2.0 litre displacement. However, the fuel economy would suffer significantly. Toyota chose the optimal displacement and timing of the lift. I'm sure there some room to play around with the valve timing in the 2zz-ge a bit more, as Lotus have done. However, you won't see a change in where/when the lift kicks in.

Now back to the topic at hand.

I love my CTS because, it's got Sat nav, Leather, climate control, handles well(superb in the wet! ) and it can go when I want/need it to.

And LIFT!

CTS is the best value for money fast hatchback in Greece. It has 5doors and the rear passengers could be taller than 1.90m.

Due to 1.8lt engine, registration fees per year cost 200Euro less than those of a 2.0lt car. Similar benefits from liability insurance.

Toyota Hellas is far better than other importers of its class (Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, etc.).

If the CTS' rattles have been cured, it is a very nice car to drive outside city where gear changes become easier. You feel quite powerful to pass any series of cars on your road.

Well I think that something people always comment on when they sit in my car is that it is extremely comfortable. I never get stiff after a long journey.

Major plus point in my view.

Cheers

Paul.

Toyota Hellas is far better than other importers of its class (Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, etc.).

I think you may have infringed one of the rules there, CTS 03!

It's so easy to do :D :D :D

Paul.

My CTS is superb and fits my needs perfectly cos it has 5 doors, climate control, sat nav, leccy windows all round, its good on insurance, fuel economy is good ( if you can stay out of lift, managed it once on a 10 mile journey),

The power is there if needed, it IS quicker than most cars on the road including lots of sprotier versions of models.

And lets face it if we wanted to be the fastest thing on the road, well look what you could buy for £15000, Im sure you could purchase something 4secs ish 0-60ish if you wanted.

For me the CTS offers sedate driving for wife to bimble around town and very good perfomance for me when I want to use it. The only thing it lacks for me is handling could be better. but this can rectified by lowering kit (hopefully next year)

I can comfortably get my Golf Clubs and electric trolley in to the back of my CTS without putting the seats down or removing the Driver and Woods from the Bag.

The good thing about my CTS is that it starts, so tomorrow I can drive it to the dealer to have the clutch replaced for the forth time ;)

tx

:lol::lol::lol:

The good thing about my cts is now that the electric window are fixed they go up and down with a push of a button.

Well done toyota :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hear in portugal the new cts is more cheap 5000€, they told me that toyota wants to lower the stocks <_<

And that the next corolla model will not have tsport version :(

Yeah, talking of cheap Toyota just sent me a voucher this morning for £1000 off a new CTS. Could get a new one for £14995.

Unfortunately for me, I'm quite happy with the CTS I've got :D

Perhaps they will re-run the promo when I need to change!

Cheers

Paul.

they need to make the CTS in Canada....well we do have the XRS....same engine....hehehehehehehe :yes: although its freakin expensive...like $20,000 but one day she'll be mine ALL MINE! :lol:

soderdna,

The XRS does have the same engine but, Toyota NA have de-tuned it to produce only 170bhp. Whereas the CTS here in the UK and europe produces just over 190bhp! (same as the celica GTS)

although its freakin expensive...like $20,000

I wish i could buy a car like that for $20k. The CTS costs USD 28900 over here... And the CTR is USD 29000 (w/o a/c)... Quite a bit of a difference!!!

Best Thing of CTS:

The face of any non-expert around the car (inside or outside) when you overtake at 6200+ rpm. Common expression: "What the hekk...?"

Best Thing of CTS:

The face of any non-expert around the car (inside or outside) when you overtake at 6200+ rpm. Common expression: "What the hekk...?"

:thumbsup::yes:

The canadian: What do you no! Do you work for Toyota!!

You would not go no where, if you lower the lift sensation you will be pulling alot better low down! E.g. When i roadtest the CTS the powerband is so small that even when you hit the limiter in 1st and change in2 2nd you drop below the powerband, and have to wait for it to kick in again! Thus slowing you down!

If you want economy buy a &#33;Removed&#33; Diesel!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links