Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Accident!

chris23

Hiya. :crybaby:

I was driving home last night and was coming up to a crossroads which i had right of way on. A bloke came from the right the :censor: and didnt give way at the road marking and carried straight on, ramming the drivers door of my car along with the front and rear wings. Luckily the car was still drivable.

Damage is quite bad though, it will need new front wing, new door, and new rear panel/wing. Thing is i think the rear panel (where the vents are on the side) is one complete panel whcih covers the car isnt it??

My 2 is a 1992 reg, only worth about 2700 i think. Do you think they'll right it off?????

Cheers guys and drive safely today. Chris. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about that Chris. Did you get all his insurance details etc? The panel you speak of is split into two sections. The upper part which forms the rear wing, and the lower section (with the vent in it) which is part of the side skirt.

Can't say for sure if they'll write it off. It can sometimes be down to the people you're insured with.

Hope you and any passenger are ok.

Take it easy mucker. :thumbsup:

Gutted for you mate... :(

Defo sounds like a write off to me purely because of the cost of parts for these cars... Sorry mate

Sorry to hear about your mishap. If your car is written off, it's still possible that you can buy the car back from the insurance company, and just get it fixed yourself, all with the money the insurance company pays out to you. When some boyracer rammed into my batty a few years back, luckily I was in my 7 series Bm, I didn't even know that it happened!! Luckily, I was wanting to sell the car anyway. My insurance company paid me 2 Grand for the car, which is what I paid for it anyway, so basically got my money back, and got 3500 from the other side for my ' injuries '. I said the crash gave me whiplash(after the event), got severe headaches, couldn't go to disco's cause loud music caused my headaches, therefore affecting my social life, hurt my knee, cos it hit the underdash, gave me back ache, arms ached, my heart stopped. Just basically said everything bar die-ing!! Lovely jubbly! :thumbsup:

and got 3500 from the other side for my ' injuries '. I said the crash gave me whiplash(after the event), got severe headaches, couldn't go to disco's cause loud music caused my headaches, therefore affecting my social life, hurt my knee, cos it hit the underdash, gave me back ache, arms ached, my heart stopped. Just basically said everything bar die-ing!! Lovely jubbly! :thumbsup:

now we know why our insurance premiums are so high.

and got 3500 from the other side for my ' injuries '. I said the crash gave me whiplash(after the event), got severe headaches, couldn't go to disco's cause loud music caused my headaches, therefore affecting my social life, hurt my knee, cos it hit the underdash, gave me back ache, arms ached, my heart stopped. Just basically said everything bar die-ing!! Lovely jubbly! thumbsup.gif

Scum, sub human scum.

got 3500 from the other side for my ' injuries '. I said the crash gave me whiplash(after the event), got severe headaches, couldn't go to disco's cause loud music caused my headaches, therefore affecting my social life, hurt my knee, cos it hit the underdash, gave me back ache, arms ached, my heart stopped. Just basically said everything bar die-ing!! Lovely jubbly! :thumbsup:

I can't believe you posted this! :lol:

!Removed!!

You'd be surprised by the No of people who falsely claim whiplash etc etc.. its a sad state of affairs - It doesnt help by advertising all over the TV/Papers etc 'had a fall/accident not your fault...' really pi**es me off...

Rash.

It is very, very, very poor behaviour for anyone who isn't genuinely injured to claim for injuries they simply don't have.

Anyway my feelings on the subject are pretty clear so i'll say no more.

If you lie and say you have whiplash you may be held in contempt of court and imprisoned and fined, be convicted of perjury and imprisoned and fined, be convicted of insurance fraud, imprisoned, fined, get a criminal record, lose your job, lose your insurers indemnity meaning you don't get your car damage paid for and you have to pay out for the other drivers damage, have a wasted costs order made against you meaning you're suddenly £10,000 in debt to two sets of solicitors.

People don’t realise the consequences. They think it’s just a little fib that can’t bring you to any harm. Even if you get away with it you drive up everyone’s insurance policies and feed the ambulance chaser companies that are migrating across from the states. You also endanger other people’s genuine claims.

I work defending whiplash claims and hate lying ***** money-grabbing claimants. I deal with fraudulent claims all the time; they do get caught and there are ramifications; serious ramifications.

That said, if you genuinely are in pain, go to your GP and talk to your insurers about it.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. If your car is written off, it's still possible that you can buy the car back from the insurance company, and just get it fixed yourself, all with the money the insurance company pays out to you. When some boyracer rammed into my batty a few years back, luckily I was in my 7 series Bm, I didn't even know that it happened!! Luckily, I was wanting to sell the car anyway. My insurance company paid me 2 Grand for the car, which is what I paid for it anyway, so basically got my money back, and got 3500 from the other side for my ' injuries '. I said the crash gave me whiplash(after the event), got severe headaches, couldn't go to disco's cause loud music caused my headaches, therefore affecting my social life, hurt my knee, cos it hit the underdash, gave me back ache, arms ached, my heart stopped. Just basically said everything bar die-ing!! Lovely jubbly! :thumbsup:

You utter ******.

and got 3500 from the other side for my ' injuries '. I said the crash gave me whiplash(after the event), got severe headaches, couldn't go to disco's cause loud music caused my headaches, therefore affecting my social life, hurt my knee, cos it hit the underdash, gave me back ache, arms ached, my heart stopped. Just basically said everything bar die-ing!! Lovely jubbly!

Just had my renewal through. Gone up nearly £50 !!! Now i know why. ffs :ffs:

and got 3500 from the other side for my ' injuries '. I said the crash gave me whiplash(after the event), got severe headaches, couldn't go to disco's cause loud music caused my headaches, therefore affecting my social life, hurt my knee, cos it hit the underdash, gave me back ache, arms ached, my heart stopped. Just basically said everything bar die-ing!! Lovely jubbly! thumbsup.gif

Scum, sub human scum.

Well said. Dont think we should even dignify this person with a response really but hey. Hate money grabbing greedy a**eholes who do things like that <_< :censor:

folks.

by all means share your views on illegally and immorally committing insurance fraud, but please do not post any personal attacks / name calling.

Ad-homs are expressely forbidden under the forum terms and conditions.

This is the only time I will mention this

I was hit by a car, wnet over the roof & landed on the grass behind the car.

I suffered no major injuries.

I just shake my head at people how fake claims. It'll bite your ***** someday.

Actually, I did have whiplash, and got a concusion from it. So there! And got some headaches, and DID hit my knee.

Actually, I did have whiplash, and got a concusion from it. So there! And got some headaches, and DID hit my knee.

And all this was before.... and i Quote..

I didn't even know that it happened!!
:rolleyes:

sometimes you have to put claims in to get a true worth of your car, wish i did when i lost my primera, had just spent a small fortune on it before it was crashed into and i didnt get hardly any of it back, they said they were perishable parts and as such dont represent the cars true value :angry: worth about 2.5 - 3k and they only gave me 1400 after a lot of complaining.

small claims such as whiplash i can accept, but when people really take the ***** is when they say there lifes been ruined, turning up to hearings in wheelchairs, these are the real scammers!

dont slate urotsukidoji_badassdemon (yes it was a copy and paste) cos i bet most people would do the same thing in that situation even though they say they wouldnt

I used to work in a hospital and part of my job was compiling medical reports for solicitors who were acting on behalf of people involved in road accidents.

Id receive at least 4 new requests a day and I'd say a high number of these were probably not genuine. But thats not for me to say is it?

Likewise its not really for anyone on here to comment if another TOC member claims after being in an RTA.

Some people would say that its causing other peoples insurance to be higher, others would say that they were only making the best out of a bad situation.

Either way its not very nice to slate someone on these forums for their descision.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links