Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Security Light And Boot Not Staying Locked

happyheather

HI there

My Yaris didnt have a handbook when I bought it (privately) and I have a couple of questions...

When I open the car with the centrally locking keys, it seems to unlock my boot but when I lock the car, it doesnt lock the boot, so every time I lock the car I need to go and lock the boot as well.

Does anyone know if there is a way round this as I know Im going to forget to lock the boot plenty of times.

My other question is, I dont have a key that has a button on it, but my car has a bit on the dash where it says 'security' and it flashes red on and off when my key is not in the ignition. Is it an alarm? And if so what sets it off? and If it goes off, how do I make it stop?

Thanks hopefully

Heather

IF THE CAR IS LESS THAN 3 YEARS OLD BRING IT BACK TO A MAIN DEALER AND THEY WILL FIX THE BOOT LID UNDER WARRANTY CAUSE IT SHOULD LOCK WHEN YOU LOCK THE DOORS. THE LIGHT ON THE DASH IS NOT A ALARM, THE CAR IS FITTED WITH AND IMMOBILISER AS STANDARD AND THE LIGHT ON DA DASH WILL FLASH TO SHOW ITS WORKING.

also if you like i could send you on a owners manual if you wanted one just send me a e-mail

i spent about 15 months with that problem :ffs:

but i just mentioned it at the toyota garage and the fixed it free!

my dad had the car before me but was unaware of this so he must have left the boot open alot of times!! :o

CB :thumbsup:

If you unlock the boot with the key when it is centrally locked then you have to lock it again with the key.

When it is unlocked with the central locking, unlock the boot with the key.

Next time you central lock the car, the boot should lock as well. This is for cars with factory fitted central locking (button on the key)

You say you don’t have a key with a button on it? Is it an aftermarket fitting? If so ignore the above post!

The flashing red light is to inform you the immobiliser is on.

The flashy security light is the immobiliser warning showing it's active. your key has a transponder in it, when it's inserted in the iggy... the car verifies it's the correct transponder and de-activates the immobiliser. This stops people just copying your key....they could take a copy of the key...but not a copy of the transponder..and thus wouldn't be able to start ya motor.

vipes

Also the Red flashing light is also meant to be a detterent I think, as it's in a visible position on the center of the dash layout.

Hi

Thanks to everyone for replying with their thoughts on this line.

Canshaft, I have tried emailing you but because Im not a gold memeber, they dont let me use the email function.

I would appreciate your spare Yaris handbook, that would be really handy, but Im not sure how to contact you.

Could you try emailing me, and ill let you know my details?

Also I think i will try and take the car to a toyota dealer (I think its probably older than 3 years - its a y reggie.) but ill see if they can help me never the less with the boot lock issue.

And re the transponder thingy reply - I have just got a new key cut since the the previous owners only had one key, I havent checked that it works, but I reckon it wont now with this info.

Ill let you know how i get on.

Thanks again for all your replies

Happy Heather

you can get me on r.coffey@fitzpatricksgarages.ie