Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Revision Would This Be?

97paseo

1991 H-reg, G-limited. Would it be a Rev2?

Am I correct in thinking that all G-Limited's are imports?

Also good does this sound like a good price? 53k, T-bar, CAT-1, MoT, described as 'superb', looks to have JDM-style gold-ish (not in a bad way) 15" or 16" alloys. £3,300.

Can't post a pic at the mo. :rolleyes:

rev1 so it will have the slightly crapper shocks, smaller brakes and discs and no deep lip spoiler.

i wouldnt pay more than 2k for a rev1 unless it has been significantly modified.

Here's a pic of it:

2_G_001.jpg

Cheers for the advice guys. Ideally I'd want a Rev3> if getting an N/A, good to have some advice on pricing. :thumbsup:

best be is checking the chassis number and comparing it to the revision guide in the Stickies :)

best be is checking the chassis number and comparing it to the revision guide in the Stickies :)

:rolleyes: I knew someone would point that out :P Cheers Bibbs. :D

While you're all here, how important is the milage on the N/A's? They all seem quite high (100k+) And was I correct about the G-Limited's all being imports? :unsure:

While you're all here, how important is the milage on the N/A's? They all seem quite high (100k+) And was I correct about the G-Limited's all being imports? :unsure:

milage on MR2's N/A is the same as the rest of the toyota line.. very reliable over 100k + mate... regular service and should have no problems!...

Just rememebr that at 60K the car needs a timing belt change..

And you was correct.. G-Limited are all imports!... :thumbsup:

hey I'm hammered and happy to take the ***** :thumbsup:

milage on MR2's N/A is the same as the rest of the toyota line.. very reliable over 100k + mate... regular service and should have no problems!...

And you was correct.. G-Limited are all imports!... :thumbsup:

Cool, ta. :thumbsup:

To be honest, if you're looking for an n/a then I'd go for rev2+ and if you're looking for a turbo, rev3+.

Whats wrong with rev 1's? :huh:

go for a rev3 mate, they look better than rev2's and also you can find decent rev3's between 2500 and 3500 on the autotrader website. loads to choose from. i even saw one for 2500 with 67k on the clock and it seemed nice.

alternatively, if you want my rev3 a like turbo with a new engine in it, you can have it for 3.5k ;)

Yeah that's right, mine's covered about 65k and I still haven't got round to changing mine yet.

Shaf, you sure rev3's are going that cheap? Most were £4k upwards when I was searching round.

To be honest, if you're looking for an n/a then I'd go for rev2+ and if you're looking for a turbo, rev3+.

Whats wrong with rev 1's? :huh:

Nothing's wrong with them, they're just better rev2+ because then you don't have to start upgrading spring, discs, brakes etc.

how do you convert kilmeters into miles? i wanna check how many miles my 2 has done but since i'm in sweden the clock is in kilometers

edit: found a converter and mine has done 98000 miles still in tip top condition tho :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice guys.

@ Shaf - thought you'd sold that on eBay! :rolleyes:

I knew about the timing belt thing, guess that's why quite a few of the 2s have 58 & 59k in the Auto Trader! :rolleyes: Is it about a £600 job? I know it involves dropping the engine out.

Thanks for the advice guys.

@ Shaf - thought you'd sold that on ebay! :rolleyes:

I knew about the timing belt thing, guess that's why quite a few of the 2s have 58 & 59k in the Auto Trader! :rolleyes: Is it about a £600 job? I know it involves dropping the engine out.

nahh mate... round here.. i got quoted between £115 to £140 for the labour as a few local garges... and the timing belt costs £34 from Toyota...

Just make sure they have worked on a MR2 before.. :thumbsup:

And mine was on a Tubby... dont get me wrong.. the guy who did it said that he dont wanna see a MR2 again for a while!.. :lol:

guy who did it said that he dont wanna see a MR2 again for a while!.. :lol:

:lol:

Thats not so bad then, good to keep in mind. :thumbsup:

Yeah that's right, mine's covered about 65k and I still haven't got round to changing mine yet.

Shaf, you sure rev3's are going that cheap? Most were £4k upwards when I was searching round.

yep, rev3 n/a's on autotrader are between those prices. rev3 turbo's are about 3.5k upwards.

paseo, yeah i thought i had sold it too but after speaking to the dude on the phone, i think he just excited and bidded on it. i get the impression that he is not going to show up. he's supposed to be buying it today <_<

he's supposed to be buying it today  <_<

Sorry to hear that - eBay seem to be getting its fair share of muppets these days. <_<

When I look around on the Trader all I'm finding are Rev1 & 2s in the South-East :( No rush anyway I'm just scoping out the prices and learning stuff!

Si :thumbsup:

it's best to know a little about mr2's beforeyou buy them and know a little bit about the history, it's safer that way.

when you are ready to buy mine, drop me a line :thumbsup: :D

when you are ready to buy mine, drop me a line :thumbsup: :D

:lol::rolleyes:

Whats the deal with yours again? Needs a new engine? Was it on eBay?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links