Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Bumper Lights On Lucida/previa

danny_boy

i notice for long time on jdm previa or lucida/estima some lights mounted on the front bumper that switches on very bright when cornering, i think the indicators have to be on as well. but only 1 of the lights goes bright when cornering i.e. when u turn/indicate left, only the left handside light on the front bumper switches on & when u turn right then only the right handside front bumper light switches on but switches off when u finish cornering.

i first thought there fog lights & perhaps one of them not working.

anyone notice this feature on the lucida or know what the purpose of these are?

i also notice them on other grey import japanese cars like the pajero, toyota lite ace, prelude & isuzu trooper. not seen or notice them on uk spec japanese cars tho.

I believe they are called turning lights and should operate as you described. They are a common feature on most imported Lucida/Estima.

Some people rewire them as sidelights.

Hope that helps.

Gareth B

Hi

Yes they are called cornering lights and only come one when the headlamps are switched on and the indicator switch is moved to the second position illumination the lamp on the same side as the indicator. they dont come on if you hold the indicator switch on the first position. When i bought my estime they came on as side lights which where a bit to bright at 21 watts, so they are reconnected and the side light wired up with the ones next to the headlamps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links