Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Service

keeperofthegate

Having my car serviced for the first time...

What exactly do they do on the first service? They asked if I wanted everything flushed out and that it would cost an extra £20... isn't that included in the service anyway? lol soz if these are stoopid questions but I really dunno... :!Removed!: :unsure:

On the 1st service they do a basic check of pretty much everything... tyers, engine management, exhaust system, lights, wipers etc etc... they give it an oil change, fill up the wash/wipe, top up the coolant (if necessary) stick air in tyers (if necessary) make sure the engine's running smooth, slap some grease around the joints, give it a full valet and charge you £120!!

Just wait for the 2nd service.... bigger amount of checks and usually more parts... and £200+!!

At least yo can be safe in the knowledge that a yaris is incredibly reliable and will almost never have engine failure! Belting!

Hello mate

First service should set you back £75. That consist of oil and filter change handbrake adjustment windscreen wash bottle refill. Check all brakes and clean up. Gearbox levels and coolants level. And thats about it mate. You spark plugs and air filter wont need changing till the 30,000 mile service. If they ask you if you want the petrol treatment tell them to hop it. As it's only redox fuel treatment really. If you want to do that just go down to Halfords and buy it yourself for under £10 mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

just had my 1st service last tuesday cost me £106 took

them about an hour, i know cos i waited for it :yes:

they dont do much change your oil and filter,vechicle saftey check,

and maybe service wash it(i told them NOT to wash mine :P )

kimi :wub:

I got ripped off... again!! £119 pound my 1st was! Mind you, the clean they gave it was very nice, and on both services i received a free car care pack, with a nice toyota bag, shampoo, polish, sponge and glass cleaner! Good old Mr.T!

On a washing note, if like that showroom shine, but cant be bothered waxing/polishing for an extra hour, then get some wax-it-wet from turtle wax (i think!) As long as you've got a good chamois leather, its brill stuff!!

Get some standard silver polish on those lovely chrome exhausts too... brings them up lovely and offers a good protective coat!

(Iv washed too many cars, for far too long!)

(anyone need a valet?? £10 thourough job!)

(Iv washed too many cars, for far too long!)

(anyone need a valet?? £10 thourough job!)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you've washed too many cars i've been a valeter for 18yrs :unsure::blink::wacko::wacko::crybaby:

mind you your cheap £10 for a valet i wouldnt get my hands wet for under £50 :D

i received a free car care pack, with a nice toyota bag, shampoo, polish, sponge and glass cleaner! Good old Mr.T!

I was well chuffed with that... sort of took the edge off paying £100 odd to some monkey to check my car!

'For any inconvinience (sp) caused'.. :thumbsup:

Well then, sir kimi, i bow down in your presence! You've been a cleaner almost as long as iv been alive! Iv cleaned all my families cars, and when i lived in oxford for brif stint, i washed 52 students cars on a regular basis! £5 a time, not bad business for a 13yr old!

Well then, sir kimi, i bow down in your presence! You've been a cleaner almost as long as iv been alive! Iv cleaned all my families cars, and when i lived in oxford for brif stint, i washed 52 students cars on a regular basis! £5 a time, not bad business for a 13yr old!

hey I'M FEMALE :wub: less of the sir :lol:

if your ever in the midlands you can have a job at my place

at £5 a valet your cheap :P

:lol: you know how to make me feel old :blink: mind you i am :crybaby:

i know u probably use sum trade stuff kimi but what does every1 else use? i use meguires and think its amazing :thumbsup:

Minnnt

Should they have adjusted the handbrake on the 1st service ??

yes cos they did mine :thumbsup:

we use Autoglym at work and i use Autoglym at home too ;)

hmm my dad used 2 use that when he had his RS turbo but i hate puttin it on. u ever used meguires? u shud try it. i like it better!!

Minnnt

Should they have adjusted the handbrake on the 1st service ??

Although it's an easy enough job to do yourself..

Remember: If they didnt do it, they should of, phone up say it should've been inc.. 5min job lazy gits :)

Very sorry Miss Kimi! Slip of the typing! Iv found that Halfords own wash stuff is quite good, and Mr Muscle window cleaner is good too! (on the windows of course) I hate Turtle wax tyre shine! It goes everywhere, stains my alloys and my drive!!! Dangerous stuff!

Chappers

Thanks but no they did not adjust it.

Will be going back in Tuesday as also found a self tapper and retaining clip on the drivers floor today after I complained about a rattle/vibration from the dash display pod area when it was in for 1st service.

Wish I had kept quiet as not only is it worse now ( prob due to missing screw/clip) but the dashboard plastic is marked where they prised the pod piece out.

Anyone know how I stand with the dashboard damage ??

a rattle/vibration from the dash display pod area

Iv got one of them! Told Mr.T about it three times, and still it aint fixed.

It only happens when at low revs and speed around 30mph (in 5th, at speed limit... most of the time!!)

If you give it a bang with your hand on the right hand side it goes away until your next journey! Mind you, mine doesnt occur all the time... its annoying though!

Also, my passenger window has developed a rattle, but i fix that by opening it a tad, then closing it again. Simple fixes for annoying problems! (Pet Hate: Rattles!)

I did get a new carpet though... my left foot had burnt through from resting at side... all done under warranty as it has only done 18000 miles.

On the dashboard damage, tell them asap that they've damaged it, and they should tidy it up, or replace the part. They did that when i had a matiz on the airbag cover, so surely toyota will.

I complained about a rattle/vibration from the dash display pod area when it was in for 1st service.

See when I had my induction kit it rattled 24/7! It is actually the plastic outside the car and if you put some sticky pads between the plastic and the windscreen it should solve this problem! :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

did u get your handbrake adjusted in the end, mine seems to bite only when pulled up very high and will probably need the same adjustment before its 10K service.

Chappers

Thanks but no they did not adjust it.

Will be going back in Tuesday as also found a self tapper and retaining clip on the drivers floor today after I complained about a rattle/vibration from the dash display pod area when it was in for 1st service.

Wish I had kept quiet as not only is it worse now ( prob due to missing screw/clip) but the dashboard plastic is marked where they prised the pod piece out.

Anyone know how I stand with the dashboard damage ??

Does anyone know, just out of interest, if you can haggle with the service cost.....??

It seems like any Yota garage can charge you whatever they like to service your car, so can you not say, well I want it for X amount as I know another Toyota garage does them at that price?

Not that mines due for a service til Crimbo but it'd be good to know!

Weird... I though I'd already posted at the start of this thread - seems to have disappeared :wacko:

About £85 for the first service at Struans Toyota in Perth. If you call the dealer they should tell you beforehand exactly what it should cost. Struans call it Menu Servicing or something...

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

A

EDIT: I'm sure I posted here earlier - just after Knightrider's... Am I going mad? :(

Edited by alanbradley

This thread is ancient Alan, you posted in another thread! :thumbsup:

Look at the old quoting system it looks so rubbish compared to the new 1! :lol: